Tropers: Fashionist State
Hi, I'm Jess - but most people call me Moni on the internet (a roleplaying character had the name and it sort of stuck). I'm fourteen, I'm home-educated and I live in the UK. You've probably only seen me make vapid, pointless, redundant posts on the forums. Really, I have a crippling fear of rejection round these parts due to the amount of time I spend on the main wiki, and I'm sure you know how association can do some terrible things. Not wishing to be angsty here; that's just how I feel. So yes, though I am planning on going back to the forums, I mostly make minor edits, breaking that for the occasional trope suggestion. I write SF and the occasional music review, program music (screw the pedants, it is 'programming' to me), and make random vexel art. But that rarely happens; most of my time's spent on the internet or on video games. If you wish to speak with me, I suggest you leave a comment/note on my DeviantART page; I pretty much live on that website.
Provides examples of:
- Badass Longcoat: Two.
- Caustic Critic: Whenever I'm writing a negative review.
- Chaotic Neutral
- Fascinating Eyebrow
- Goggles Do Nothing
- Industrial: My favourite music and subculture.
- Nice Hat: I have a collection of them.
- Oop North: Yes, yes I do live there.
- Paranoia Fuel: I don't invoke it myself, but really, I adore the stuff. It's the main reason I read so much dystopian fiction.
- Sadist Teacher: I've had at least three; all of them were physical education teachers.
- Straw Critic
Favourite Comics:A short list, but oh well. I read far more webcomics. I should say; I don't actually read much (if any) manga, nor do I watch anime. It's not that I don't like it, but I've had my phases and came out of them pretty neutral to the form.
- Blade Runner
- Brighton Rock
- A Clockwork Orange
- Hot Fuzz
- The Matrix
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- The Triplets of Belleville: Pretty much my favourite film of all time. Everything about it is just perfect.
- The Truman Show
- The Atrocity Archives
- Brave New World
- The Brentford 'Trilogy'
- Not exactly literature, but anything written by Charlie Brooker
- Christopher Brookmyre
- A Clockwork Orange (again)
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep??
- Earth Inc.
- Aesthetic Perfection
- Crystal Castles
- Diablo Swing Orchestra
- Dog Fashion Disco
- Emilie Autumn
- Everything Everything
- Faith No More
- Gary Numan
- Heaven 17
- Mr. Bungle
- Pin-Up Went Down
- Polkadot Cadaver
- Public Image Ltd.
- Skinny Puppy
- Skold vs. KMFDM
- Stolen Babies
- Throbbing Gristle
Favourite TV Programs (animated and live action):
- Black Books
- Father Ted
- Invader Zim (I'm not Fan Dumb, I promise, and in all honesty I think Johnny the Homicidal Maniac is superior)
- The Mighty Boosh
- My Name Is Earl
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks
- Red Dwarf
- The League of Gentlemen
Favourite video games:
- Garry's Mod
- I Am An Insane Rogue AI
- Portal (and subsequently, Portal 2. Wheatley is hilarious.)
- Psychonauts - I'm completely obsessed, I must warn you. But it's so...awesome... especially Boyd. I love crazy paranoid guys.
- The Sims - specifically The Sims 2. The Sims 3 is basically Stepford without the irony and I've never played the first one.
- Spyro the Dragon - only the original trilogy.
- Super Smash Brothers
- Team Fortress 2
- World of Warcraft
- Brawl in the Family
- Cyanide & Happiness
- Dark Legacy Comics
- Elf Only Inn
- Mary Sue Academy
- Order Of The Stick
- Penny Arcade
- VG Cats
What I dislike:As with most things, I'm fine if you disagree on these.
- Big Brother - way to make reference to a masterpiece with a boring reality show.
- The Birthday Massacre - bland, uninspiring 'Disney-Goth' (as a fellow Last.fm user put it). I don't understand the hype at all.
- Lady Ga Ga
- Psychonauts - the first thing that really got me into shipping. I go a bit crazy when I'm shipping for this fandom, though, of course, I don't mind if you don't support my ships!
- Boyd/(a) G-Man: One True Pairing~ Implied Foe Yay and a Crack Pairing. What's not to love? I just find it pretty cute.
- Sasha/Milla: Supposedly canon pairing. Opposites Attract, right?
- Kochamara/Den Mother: It sort of makes sense. Now, if only they were in the same mind...
- Boyd/Fred: Hey, the portmanteau for the pairing almost sounds like Freud. Anyway I ship this when I'm not busy with Boyd/G-Man. Or...
- Dart/Benny (blame it on a friend's amazing fanart for it)
- Space Core/Curiosity Core
- Wheatley/Nobody. Especially not Chell. I support their friendship, perhaps, but really, I just don't see him being romantic with anybody.
- Boyd Cooper of Psychonauts. I am predisposed to like conspiracy theorist characters; I find their fallacies in logic quite hilarious. It's just... nice to see one with a bit more depth. And open to many Epileptic Trees. Cause pretty much everyone thinks the Den Mother represents Boyd's mother now, right?
- Jeremy Goode of Psychoville. The other characters I'm predisposed to like are the crazy but not visibly crazy people. His hallucinations are fascinating, he's a funny character, and what's more... he's cute. Admit it, you think it too.
- Wheatley of Portal2. The most lovable moron ever created.
Is responsible for:
- Starting the page for:
- Launching and suggesting: