Trivia / Yellow Magic Orchestra
- Black Sheep Hit: The first album was intended to be a one shot project to parody Exotica.
- He Also Did: Haruomi Hosono was previously a member of the folk rock band Happy End, which is also considered one of the most important Japanese bands of all time.
- And helped with brief rival Kenji Sawada's solo album Onnatachiyo, playing keys on a few songs as well as producing.
- Yukihiro Takahashi was a member of the mid-70's glam rock Sadistic Mika Band.
- Ryuchi Sakamoto was responsible for the iconic Sega Dreamcast startup sound.
- As mentioned in the main page, the three did soundtrack works in their later careers, especially with Hosono (Night on the Galactic Railroad and the theme song to Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind) and Sakamoto (The Last Emperor and The Revenant, for starters).
- Really, if you look around at all in Japan's New Wave scene, you'll see their names pop up an awful lot.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Although their back catalog has been remastered, the Propaganda concert video was only released on VHS and LaserDisc.
- Revival by Commercialization: A new acoustic version of "Rydeen" was recorded in 2007 for a beer commercial, which quickly topped the Oricon charts.