Trivia: Sonic Colors
Some tropes present in Eggman's PA chatter:PA Announcements. This video covers every stage, sans Planet Wisp (which only has announcements in the cutscenes, none in the actual stages).
World Map announcements.
- Blatant Lies:
"Would Sonic the Hedgehog please report to the security office? We've found your — er... your keys! That's it, we've found your keys. No need to be ready for a trap, since we only wish to return your keys!"
"Please do not be concerned if you encounter any screaming aliens. The screams are how they communicate— really. I promise."
"Please refrain from peeling off the special space-age polymer holding the starship together. It may look and feel like duct tape, but it's not. It's called... space... tape. Very advanced stuff."
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick:
"Please refrain from throwing coins, trash, or small children into the reflecting pools."
"Next stop, the Tropical Resort. Here, you will find: breath-taking views from our giant ferris wheel, amazing deals from our shopping mall, and constant risk of bodily harm."
- Brick Joke:
"Please feel free to leave all valuables in your vehicle during your stay here at Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park, as they will be perfectly safe. In no way will roaming bands of robots break into your vehicle."
(later) "Would the owner of a white hovercar shaped like an egg please report to the front desk? Your car has been broken into. Repeat: will the owner of a white hovercar shaped like an egg please report to the front desk? Your car has been broken in— wait a minute, what the heck!?"
"Help yourself to our complimentary SPF 3000 starblock. And by 'complimentary', I mean 'quite expensive'."
"Welcome to the Sweet Mountain! Insulin will be provided, at a marginal extra cost. And by 'marginal', we mean 'enormous'."
- Inferred Holocaust:
"The foliage you see was pilfered from various environmentally-fragile planets. Please enjoy them, as they are the last of their kind."
- Is This Thing Still On?:
"Please beware of the spikes on the Asteroid Coaster - they are sharp. ...Really, we have to warn people about spikes? Like they won't notice the spikes, I mean come on - the cars are nothing but spikes! Unbelievable! Wh - uh - my what is still on?"
- No Animals Were Harmed:
"No Aliens were harmed in the creation of this park. They were all harmed after the park was created."
- Our Lawyers Advised This Trope:
"Please keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as there are tiny asteroids, traveling at incredible speeds, hurtling through space. ...Keeping your hands and feet in the car won't prevent you from being hit, but our lawyers tell us we have to say it anyway."
"Attention: the Muscle Atrophy simulation will not be open today. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we were not able to find the strength to open it."
- Rattling Off Legal: As shown in one cutscene.
"SOME DISPLACEMENT OF INDIGENOUS POPULATIONS AND DESTRUCTION OF NATURAL RESOURCES MAY OCCUR. EGGMAN ENTERPRISES NOT RESPONSIBLE."
"Would the owner of a yellow car, license plate 1NOM155, please report to the main gate. Your vehicle is in the path of an asteroid, and is about to get sma... oh, um, never mind."
- Suspiciously Specific Denial:
"Any water you may notice on the floor is the result of our diligent housecleaning staff mopping, and not evidence of a dangerous leak in - oh, heck with it. Run for your lives!"
- Take That, Audience!:
"Welcome to Game Land, home of the ever-popular Sonic Simulator! Waste time with your pathetic friends in Multiplayer Mode."
"Next stop, the Options Satellite. There, you can adjust a variety of settings for a more pleasurable visit... if you're the self-centered, bossy type."
"Welcome aboard the Egg Shuttle, offering lightspeed access to each of the park's attractions. Perfect for jittery visitors with no attention span to spare on getting there."
- The Theme Park Version:
"The mighty ocean... cradle of life... trivialized for your amusement at Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park!"
- Who Writes This Crap?!:
- Actor Allusion: The Japanese version announcer will announce "Final Color Blaster" (or actually in Japanese, "Final Prism Blaster"). Many savvy fans will suddenly have Kamen Rider Double pop up in their head.
- Development Gag: Aquarium Park is based on an old concept for a Japan-themed zone that originates from preproduction sketches of the original Sonic the Hedgehog game.
- Fan Nickname: Sonic Skittles, referring to either the game itself or the Final Color Blaster.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: This was the first game in the series to have an overhaul of the cast. The announcer in Japanese is the same as The Narrator from Kamen Rider Decade and the voice of the Double Driver from Kamen Rider Double (who even announces powers similarly to Gaia Memories). This is exacerbated by this.
- Sonic has had enough of your bullshit, Eggman! Requiescat in pace.
- Tails is Sakura.
- Orbot is Don Patch and Cubot is the Riddler
- Debuting in the DS game, a whole slew of noted actors from the likes of FUNimation and California such as the voice of Lust (Laura Bailey) as Blaze, Roy Mustang (Travis Willingham) as Knuckles, and none other than Edward Elric (Vic Mignogna) as Omega.
- The Other Darrin: Both Colors and Sonic Free Riders are the first games to feature the series' new VAs in five years — while Mike Pollock reprises his role as Eggman, Roger Craig Smith voices Sonic and Kate Higgins voices Tails.
- What Could Have Been: Ryan Drummond had actually auditioned for the game when Jason Griffith was fired. He was happy to Come back. Sega was happy to have him back. The reason as to why they got Roger for Sonic instead is because Sega said that Ryan would have to leave his union and he would be paid very little.
- Based on concept art of the Egg Pawns, there would've been white enemy Egg pawns designed specifically for Terminal Velocity, but appear to be scrapped. They do, however, appear on that level's world map.