This page is exclusively for Sonic Colors
. Moments from other Sonic games go on the Sonic the Hedgehog
- With the Sonic the Hedgehog series constantly getting Denser and Wackier, the cutscenes are scripted more and more like what you'd see in a cartoon, resulting in many more of these moments. Case in point: the cutscene in Sonic Colors when Tails first gets the translator working (right after the first boss), involving a Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick gag, much mistranslated gibberish (underwear for salad? Seriously?), and a quick but blatant fourth wall breach by Sonic.
- Sega has revealed some quotes from the game's script, collected in this NeoGAF post and on their official Twitter account. Here are some Eggman's quotes:
Eggman: "Attention - the anti-gravity toilets on this level are out of order. We are sorry for this inconvenience, and hope that you can hold it for the next 20,000 light years."
Eggman: "Would the owner of a white hovercar shaped like an egg please report to the front desk? Your car has been broken into. Repeat. Would the owner of a white hovercar shaped like an egg please report the front desk? Your car has been broken i— wait a minute, what the HECK-?!..."
Eggman: "Please refrain from foiling any evil schemes, plots, and/or plans while in the park. Foiling is strictly prohibited."
"Next stop: the Sweet Mountain. Enjoying our candy paradise is the perfect way to celebrate your next birthday...or to avoid reaching it
- At Sweet Mountain.
"We know they look delicious, but please refrain from licking the rides. That would be disgusting. Do you know where those rides have been? People have been sitting on those rides! WITH THEIR BUTTS!
Okay, go ahead. Lick them. Don't say we didn't warn you."
"Welcome to the Sweet Mountain
! Insulin will be provided at a marginal extra cost. And by 'marginal', we mean 'enormous'.
Eggman: The unfiltered starlight from the lovely constellations above is full of deadly radiation! Help yourself to our complimentary SPF 3000 starblock. And by 'complimentary', I mean 'quite expensive'."
"In the unlikely event of an emergency, please find the nearest escape pod
. For anyone not named Eggman, your escape pod can be found back at the planet still being assembled in the factory." Eggman:
"Please avoid breaking the glass, as it is the only thing between you and ten million gallons of freezing wet death!
- In general, the story in this game is rather humorous in tone, one particular example being the cutscene after Planet Wisp's Big Boy II boss battle. Everything, from Sonic's expressions, to Tails' snarky attitude about why Sonic is talking to a dead robot, just makes this cutscene one of the more humorous ones in the game.
Sonic: Sooo...we can just forget about the whole "talking-to-dead-robots-thing", right?
I knew you'd say that. (groans and does a mid-air Head Desk)
- Two Words: Baldy Nosehair.
- Even better is Sonic's reaction to hearing those words.
- This also becomes Eggman's nickname that Sonic teases him in future games.
- The intro where Cubot and Orbot praises Eggman but once they move behind while Eggman laughed about his scheme, Cubot lies down with a sign knowing this would fail...again while Orbot holds up a cup of coffee.
- Sonic moonwalking after the first boss. That is all.◊
- Sonic's line before fighting the Planet Wisp boss:
- Made even funnier by the fact that the whole SOPA and PIPA incident was going on around the time of this game's release.
- The ending sequence, with Cubot.
- "What do you say we make like Eggman's hairline and recede?"
- As Something Awful would put it, Tails delivers an ICE BURN to Sonic:
Tails: True. Well, good job to you on inventing a translator that allowed us to speak to the aliens in order to figure out exactly what we needed to do so we weren't running around the park looking like idiots. Oh wait, no — that was me!
- "Ooh! I think I gloated so hard I pulled a muscle!"
- Pretty much anything involving Tails's buggy translator. Public transportation and aquatic animal, indeed.
- "Yeah, that's right. I'm stretching. You got a problem with that?"
- "CRITICAL SYSTEMS FAILURE! Repeat, CRITICAL SYSTEMS FAILURE! All attraction access is temporarily suspended. Please evacuate the park via the emergency exit ahead. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!"
- This scene before the Starlight Carnival/Sweet Mountain boss:
(After Eggman reveals his evil plot and sics a boss on Sonic and Tails)
Sonic: Hahaha! Pay up, Tails! I told you he had an evil plot and coming here was a good idea. There it is, straight from the horse's mouth.
Tails: Uh, we didn't bet.
- He then just dejectedly walks over to the boss, waving off to Tails as he does so.
- Made even funnier in the Sweet Mountain version of the scene: the music actually stops right after Tails points out that they didn't bet.
- The final leg of the story, from Cubot's transition to red-neck accent to Gir-bot expy to Sonic's casual shot down of Eggman's final threat with theme park puns.
Eggman: Leaving so soon? There are no lines, and I've saved the best rides for last! At least let me stamp your hand so you can come back in!
Sonic: Ugh, I know you're trying to be clever with this whole "amusement-park-pun" thing, but it's just coming off lame. Just say you're going to destroy us and stop embarrassing yourself.
Eggman: Curse you, Sonic! Not only do you foil my plans, but you foil my speeches as well! I work hard on them! No matter, I WILL destroy you, and I WILL be victorious!...Is that better?
Sonic: Like, a million times better. Thank you.
- The implication that Eggman pre-writes and rehearses his evil speeches.
- Tails tries out Eggman's 'Bucket o' Sushi' restaurant, now with fish. The verdict?
Tails: His cruelty knows no bounds.
- The first cutscene appearance of Cubot and Orbot, with Cubot's inability to understand Eggman's sarcasm and getting a spanner in the face as a result. Coupled with Orbot having to explain one of Sonic's one-liners to a confused Cubot.
My precious little aliens...I'll harness their Hyper-Go-On power, and then nothing will stop me! I know I say that everytime
, but this time, really, nothing will stop me!
Cubot: Uh, boss. *Draws Eggman's attention to Sonic*
Dr. Eggman: What? SONIC?!
Sonic: Who're you callin' "nothing?"
Sonic: Great! I thought nobody would get that!
- How did Sonic and Tails sneak into the park?
- After defeating the first boss, Sonic comes along and tells Tails that he had a bite to eat, did some shopping, and then destroyed a giant evil robot. Tails' reaction? "Oh, they have shopping here?"
- The whole Running Gag about Cubot's defective voice chip.
- "The think bone's connected to the talk bone, the talk bone's connected to the mouth bone..."
- The Press X to Not Die events, which have been simplified to just mashing the A button until the announcer shouts "AMAZING!" In other words, the announcer calls you "amazing" just for pressing the same button over and over.