- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic Adventure
- Sonic Shuffle
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Sonic Heroes
- Sonic Battle
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Sonic Riders
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
- Sonic Rivals
- Sonic Chronicles
- Sonic Unleashed
- Sonic Storybook Series
- Sonic Colors
- Sonic Generations
- Sonic Lost World
- Sonic Mania
- Sonic Forces
- Beating Sonic the Hedgehog with all Chaos Emeralds results in an ending in which Robotnik angrily stomps on the "END" logo repeatedly. Even if you fail to collect them all, watching Eggman delightfully juggling the remaining emeralds is pretty funny, too.
- The Japan version of Metallic Madness' Bad Future theme in Sonic CD can be this, albeit likely very unintentionally. Between what sounds like edited clips of the Heavy Weapons Guy throughout it, the downright silly evil laughter, and the robotic voice's words being far less threatening than they're likely meant to and ending up sounding like comical insults and taunting thanks to the monotone and mostly being spoken during a less dire-sounding part of the melody ("YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING, SO DON'T EVEN TRY. GET SOME HELP." and "DON'T DO WHAT SONIC DOES.", to be exact), and it's really not difficult to see why the music could be hilarious for some people.
- The same soundtrack's equivalent for the present version of the level's theme counts as well, thanks to its hilariously cheesy rapping.
- The American manual of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 warns of the dangers of going too fast, refering to certain bugs/quirks that result in trapping the player as "Dr. Robotnik's diabolical speed traps". Yes. It's one of the most amusing ways of reinforcing the Doctor's character while handwaving some of the, ah, technical difficulties that arise from Sonic actually being fast enough to literally run headlong into minor gamebreaking bugs.
- Shadow's LV. 2 attack in the first Sonic Riders involves him roundhouse kicking anyone he comes close to... yes, even Cream. Try it sometime.
- The opponent related throws in Sonic the Fighters.
- For Amy's, the character takes her hammer and smacks her over the head with it.
- The way all the characters' heads look when flattened are hilarious.
- The character yanks back Espio's tongue and releases it, causing it to smack him in his face like a rubber band.
- Depicted in fanart here.
- The character steals Fang's popgun from his holster, causing him to panic before shooting him in the face with it.
- The character takes a bomb from Bean, shoves it in his mouth, and ducks in cover for a few seconds while Bean makes hilarious faces and the bomb explodes.
- Several of the attacks in general are funny. The game is practically Sonic the Hedgehog meets Looney Tunes meets Virtua Fighter.
- For Amy's, the character takes her hammer and smacks her over the head with it.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 had a promotion where you could receive it for free with the purchase of any Sega Genesis that came with Sonic 1. The commercial, however, didn't stop there.
- Meta example: Locked-on Sonic & Knuckles cartridge x 30 = glitchy craziness.
- In Sonic 3 and Knuckles, when you enter Mushroom Hill Zone after finishing Launch Base, Sonic and Tails or just Tails fly in and land. Knuckles, on the other hand, falls from the sky, and his expression is hilarious.
- In Sonic 3 and Knuckles's Flying Battery Zone Act 2, apparently Eggman's idea of trying to stop the heroes is with a laser that's not only very sluggish at aiming, but also ends up destroying the entire flying fortress.
- The official twitter account of the series was fairly standard as far as corporate accounts go. Then they got a new community manager.
- In all of the 16-bit games, the expression on Robotnik's face whenever you hit him is priceless and makes one grateful that he shows up in every level. His Aside Glance when he enters play or hits you is also pretty funny.
- Also in the 16-bit games, if you're playing as Sonic with the AI controlling Tails, any time Tails delivers the final blow to Robotnik's machine in a boss fight.
- For April Fools' Day 2016, the Sonic social media guys gave the world Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3.
- As of this writing (February 11, 2017), they're doing a full-on fandub of it. With Mike Pollock as Dr. Eggman!
- From the Game Mod (of Sonic 1 and 2) Sonic Classic Heroes, you can switch between Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles if playing on Team Hero. In the infamous Labyrinth Zone boss, if you get the idea to swim your way to the top as Tails, leaving Sonic and Knuckles to drown, what will happen instead most of the time is one or both of them will desperately grab onto the swimming Tails, hoping to escape. But Tails can't carry anyone while swimming, so instead he will tire out instantly and fall down with the other two. Possibly the funniest unintentional use of Video Game Cruelty Punishment.
- The 25th anniversary celebration video starts off as nothing more than descriptions of various Sonic games, each with an image of Sonic from those games. However...
- The description of Sonic 3 & Knuckles focuses more on Knuckles chuckling, the Barrel of Doom, & Knuckles.
- The description of Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island says "Save the Flickies...if you can catch them!"
- The description of Sonic R ends with "Can you feel the Sunshine?"
- The description of Sonic Heroes mentions "all those Eggman Robots" and "the real super power of teamwork!"
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) doesn't get anything but the words "Now Loading..." ripped straight from the game's loading screen.
- The description of Sonic Boom simply talks about the positive reception the cartoon received for its mix of action and humor, with the actual games going unmentioned.
- Sonic and Eggman take to Twitter to answer people's questions, with hilarious results.
Eggman: Dear Assassin's Creed, hello! It's me, Dr. Eggman! I found something that belongs to you!Ezio: What is this place? Where am I? What are these odd glowing gemstones?Eggman: That's right, it's him! Enzio! Or Easy-O, however you say it.Ezio: No no, my name is Ezio Audit-Eggman: That's nice. Anyway, if you want to see him in your world again, send pictures of kittens our way as soon as possible, or we're keeping him! Thanks.
- Eggman has a message for Assassin's Creed, who also happen to be celebrating the birthday of Ezio Auditore Da Firenze.
Sonic: Oh, hey, it's them. The Game Grumps. I know these guys.Sonic: Uh, my best game?Eggman: Y'know, the one with the princess and stuff, truly heartwarming story. You almost won that Oscar.Sonic: Woah, Eggman, listen. Sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand, man! You gotta ask yourself "What am I willing to put up with today!?"Eggman: Well, clearly not this.
- Ubisoft followed through by linking a gif of kittens and asking if they could have Roger Craig Smith back.
- Sonic and Eggman respond to the Game Grumps, with Sonic getting a bit finicky at the mention of a certain game from his past.
Eggman: SiIvaGunner asks "What's your favorite high quality rip?"Sonic: Well, let's take a listen...Uh, are these real?Eggman: Well, says here that he only uploads high quality rips, so must be.Sonic: Not bad, SiIvaGunner, not bad at all.
- Sonic and Eggman attempt to read an apparently indecipherable comment, only for it to devolve into Eggman singing the Macerana.
- This became a Brick Joke in the third Twitter takeover when both Sonic and Eggman convince Shadow to join their singing.
- Sonic and Eggman discover SiIvaGunner.
- To promote the launch of Sonic Forces, Sonic and Eggman did another Twitter takeover, this time with Shadow the Hedgehog joining in as well. And since Shadow is portrayed as being The Comically Serious here, it goes about as well as you expect. Also, it's been nearly fourteen years, and apparently Shadow still hasn't found that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald!
Eggman: I'd give him a full caps-lock "Ow The Edge". He's great! Mostly...Sonic: Five out of ten on my side.Shadow: One. Infinite is but a mewling kitten in a world where darkness and terror knock daily on your door. He's just a cute ball of fluff. I am the one who knocks.
- The trio rates Infinite on a scale from One to "Ow The Edge". Made even funnier when Episode Shadow reveals that Shadow's rating and reasoning behind it isn't that far off from the truth, almost to the point of foreshadowing.
Sonic: Ugh, water. Everywhere. And a lot of rebuilding.Shadow: I have absolutely no idea what either of you are talking about.
- A fan asks Sonic what occurred in Station Square after he defeated Perfect Chaos.
- Considering he didn't appear in that one, that's pretty much a given.
Sonic: Easy one, man. First, you make your own video game. Party games are good.Shadow: That sounds easy enough.Sonic: Then, in the game, you stop an evil villain from taking over the world.Eggman: Oh, I can help with that!Sonic: Then WHAM! The reviewers slam it and you get, like, 4 out of 10 because you were dating this human girl in it.Shadow: Tha-wait. I don't like that part...Eggman: Good luck, Alpharad.
- There's also the one where a fan asks them how they make their brand to be as cool as Sonic's own. Their answer involves making shots at the franchise in a way that would make even Deadpool himself proud.
Shadow: Oh, look at this. Someone thought we weren't real!Sonic: Etika, Etika, Etika.Eggman: What, did you think that this was a game?!
- There's one where the question isn't asked, but is mostly just the 3 getting offended over being labeled "not real", like the guys at TMZ would.
Sonic: Alright, Jeff. We still don't know what city you're in, so our advice is simple;All 3: RUN!!!!
- There's the one who is pretty much sending them a rescue request, as he wants to escape from the city. The 3 end up trying to find what city he's in, which results in Eggman hacking into his Twitter....only to find out that the fan in particular works for Polygon, with Sonic gushing over the pixel art on his profile. Shadow asks if they're stalking him now, which Eggman denies.
Eggman: Uhh, showtunes?Sonic: Mongolian throat singing. It's a thing. Google it.
- A fan asks the 3 what types of music they listen to in their spare time:
- We'll save you a trip to Google; yes, mongolian throat singing is, in fact, a real thing. The fanbase has been searching videos of it up constantly since this came out.
Shadow: I eat the coffee beans straight. They're delicious, and crunchy.Shadow: Oh, this is a good one. @JoannaWhiteRose asks "To Sonic, I have a challenge for you. Tell me how much you like Amy and what you like in her."Eggman: Oh yeah Sonic, tell us what you like about that other hedgehog, Amy!Sonic: Oh, no. Guys, can we ju— can we just not do this right now? I mean, there's lots of other questions, like...Shadow: What, Sonic? Are you embarrassed?Eggman: Hehe, he's totally embarrassed! Ooh, I just got a message here from Infinite! It's a file called "Sonadow"...Sonic: NO, DON'T OPEN THAT!Eggman: @Cassidy1205 - that's a lot of numbers - asks "Shadow, what do you think about "Sonadow"?"Shadow: One word, Cassidy... NO.
- There's also a question mirroring the above one, in which a fan asks how the 3 take their coffee in the morning. Sonic takes a iced latte, Eggman takes an iced marciao, and Shadow...
Shadow: It's simple. Hold Chaos Emerald, shout "Chaos Control!", go fast.
- Earlier, a fan asks how one uses Chaos Control. The instructions are incredibly simplistic, to say the least.
Eggman: Mudkip Captain asks: "To Shadow: How's.." Oh. Oh, no. I'm not asking this one!Shadow: Mudkip Captain, was it? Now you've angered me. Welcome to the list. It's a very special list, of very special people. I look forward to crossing your name off it someday.Sonic: RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!Shadow: First, anime is a highly-respected form of art, it was not a mistake. And second, I like the one with the edgy girl with the scissor blade.
- The fan even calls Shadow Shad for short. Think about that.
Shadow: Who are we tweeting here? Jack... something in his eye?
- When one person asks what Eggman would do if he wasn't a Mad Scientist, Sonic thinks he could be a professional golfer, a movie star, or a chart-topping musician, while Shadow describes a scenario where Eggman adopts hundreds of cats and has to move out when they start multiplying. Eggman tells them to stop, as all of those possibilities are equally horrifying to him, and decides to stay as an evil genius now and forever...only to reveal he has a cat that somehow got in the recording booth.
- Shadow has a little trouble with JackSepticEye's name.
Eggman: Well...at least he tried.
- There's also the one where a fan challenges Shadow to act happier than Sonic, with his reward being...you guessed it; the fourth Chaos Emerald! Shadow accepts the challenge...and completely fucks it all up, not even smiling or sounding happier, like he wasn't even trying. Sonic corpsing at the whole thing makes it funnier.