Trivia: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
- Actor Allusion: Jude Law and Gwyneth Paltrow of The Talented Mr. Ripley.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: In spades. From Jude Law getting to work with Laurence Olivier, to him and Gwyneth Paltrow signing on immediately after watching the demo reel, to Angelina Jolie getting to wear an Eyepatch of Power and a goldfish-bowl space helmet.
- Billing Displacement: A sterling example. Law and Paltrow are billed diagonally. On the same card, Jolie gets the "and" honor by being billed as "and Angelina Jolie". They thus manage a triple simultaneous diagonal bill where everyone gets a position of honor.
- Casting Gag: Totenkopf turns out to have been Dead All Along, just like his actor Sir Laurence Olivier, who died 15 years before the movie was made.
- Doing It for the Art: The film's creator spent years developing software to achieve a film with this specific look, and then pitched a film around it.
- Fake Nationality: Englishman Jude Law plays the American hero, while American Angelina Jolie plays "Franky". Jolie's accent was mocked by some critics, though she's merely riffing on the stiff-upper-lip jargon of British war propaganda.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Pepper? Selfridge? Watson? What are you doing here? Professor Dumbledore, is that you? All this, and Lara Croft in an eyepatch! Not to mention the fact that Myca is a killer robot working for Laurence Olivier.