Trivia: Sister Act
- Artistic License – Religion: The convent Deloris joins is a Carmelite order (as mentioned by Mary Patrick in the casino, when she asks a tourist if they've seen "a nun, a Carmelite nun?"). Carmelites are devoted to prayer and contemplation and do not typically interact with the secular world. Other orders, such as Franciscans, do participate in the kind of good works and community outreach that Deloris introduces in the film. This wasn't something the nuns weren't doing because they were naive and out-of-touch; it was actually what they signed on for as Carmelites. May even count as an In-Universe Critical Research Failure example, considering that the nuns seem completely unaware of the vows of their own order.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Along with a young Lauryn Hill, the music class in Sister Act 2 also has a young Jennifer Love Hewitt. And Josie doesn't know that Mary had a little lamb.
- Isn't one of the male teachers Mr. Noodle?
- Combined with Hey, It's That Voice!, Sister Mary Patrick sounds like a certain substitute Spanish teacher...
- Deloris has a good reason to fear her boyfriend, this is a guy who "fixes problems."
- What Could Have Been: Bette Midler was originally considered for the role of Deloris, but couldn't take it because of her busy schedule.