- Actor Allusion:
Max: If I keep making this face *makes silly face* will it be stuck that way?Fletcher: Uh-uh, in fact some people make a good living that way.
- Deleted Scene: The deleted scene shows Fletcher in court, managing to convince an entire jury that a thug who robbed an old man and assaulted a female officer, was the real victim in the whole fiasco. The scene was cut likely because the filmmakers feared it would make Fletcher too unlikable, though some have pointed out that we actually get to see how great of a lawyer he actually is, rather than just hear about it.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Fletcher's boss, Mr. Allan, is Will Riker's Dad!
- So before Lenard Smalls became a badass biker Fletcher Reed represented him?
- Maybe Jerry should have told Audrey "as you wish".
- Ace Ventura is the firefighter on the radio in the background (actually his recurring In Living Color! character, Fire Marshal Bill). Oh, and he's also Fletcher.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Samantha Cole is, to be perfectly honest, a complete and total bitch. Jennifer Tilly, on the other hand, is much more pleasant and friendly in real life.
- What Could Have Been: Steve Martin was considered for the lead role.