Trivia: Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
- Executive Meddling: The movie was supposed to be one-third on the boat, and two-thirds in New York, but budgetary concerns caused the studio to force the director to reverse the ratio.
- Also scenes at the Brooklyn Bridge, the Statue of Liberty, and Madison Square Garden were scripted, but never filmed for the same reason. The only recognizable New York site Jason appears at is Times Square, with most of the city scenes shot instead in budget-friendly Vancouver. Even then, failing to truly live up to its own big selling point is far from the only reason this film has its reputation for suffering a bad case of Sequelitis.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Kelly Hu, as well as noted anime and cartoon voice actress Saffron Henderson as punk rocker J.J.
- Michael Benyaer, actor and voice artist who is probably best known for being the voice of Bob in the first, second, and fourth seasons of ReBoot, played one of the two thugs Jason kills late in the film.
- Gordon Currie plays Miles Wolfe, one of Jason's victims. Yeah, Jason offed Nicolae Carpathia.
- What Could Have Been:
- The original script called for the climactic battle to take place in the Statue of Liberty.
- The producers originally wanted Ken Kirzinger to play Jason, as they didn't want to bother with the trouble of getting Kane Hodder a Canadian work permit (most of the film was shot in Vancouver). However, director Rob Hedden dug his heels in and demanded that they bring Hodder back. Kirzinger therefore got the consolation prize of getting to play the chef who Jason throws into a mirror in NYC, and a much bigger prize years later.