Tear Jerker / Conker's Bad Fur Day
"I don't wanna talk about it."
- Conker's Bad Fur Day is basically the Mrs. Doubtfire of games. Sure, it's full of toilet humor, but it was so silly, comical and innocent all the way through, and then, the Sudden Downer Ending hits the player unexpectedly in the face. What really hammers the downer ending and feelings of sadness in your face is Conker's last few lines before the credits about not knowing what you have until it's gone, and the music that plays after said scene during the credits; you'll probably find it very hard to find a game with humor like Bad Fur Day's that uses such a sad track in an actual serious moment rather than a part parodying another thing's sad moments. Really, the end credits theme is a pretty powerful track that just adds to the feeling of sadness in Bad Fur Day's ending.
Conker: "So there I am. King. King of all the land. And whoíd have thought that? Not me. I guess you know who these guys are now. I certainly do. I dont want to know them. And, yep, I may be king and have all the money in the world, and all the land, and all that stuff, but, you know, I donít really think I want it. I just wanna go home, with Berri, and... I donít know... have a bottle of beer. Hmm. *sighs* Itís not gonna happen. Itís true what they say: the grass is always greener, and you donít really know what it is you have until itís gone. Gone. Gone...."
- Berri's death, and her heavy breathing as she succumbs to the wounds and dies in Conker's arms before the final battle. To twist the knife in even further, Conker even blows his chance to revive Berri when he has it. He realizes this mistake just after the programmers have left, and tries in vain to get them back. Truly a morbidly Cruel Twist Ending.
- This is the song that plays during the ending. Keep in mind this plays in the same game that has this play on the very first stage.
- While not totally tear-inducing, hearing the Sergeant's speech during the It's War chapter, which pretty much describes how tragic war is, and how romantic politics makes it out to be is all too truthful. Hell, the whole chapter can be depressing when you see an army of innocent soldiers being massacred in a matter of seconds.
- A Fridge tearjerker; remember how Conker was in Diddy Kong Racing and Conker's Pocket Tales? Seemed more innocent. The fact that he went from that into an alcoholic, eventually leading to Berri's fate, not only makes those games a bit harder to look at, but makes the ending that much sadder.
- To quote a YouTuber.......
RabidLuigi: You wait for the punch line and there isn't one....