Series / She-Wolf of London
She-Wolf of London
, also known as Love and Curses
, featured a young female werewolf and an older male professor of mythology. It was produced by Universal
as part of their syndicated Hollywood Premiere Network
, an attempt to create an ad-hoc TV "network" that got cancelled after the 1990-91 season (and in turn was the genesis of the Action Pack
Universal created a couple years later).
This series provides examples of:
- Artistic License – Astronomy: "Don't worry, there won't be another full moon for months!"
- Baleful Polymorph: An episode opened with three obnoxious fratboys being turned into carp.
- Back from the Dead: Twice in the same episodes.
- Circus Episode: In "Big Top She-Wolf", Randi feels strangely attracted to the Caleb Wakefield, the ringmaster of a rundown circus. The attraction deepens when she discovers that she does not metamorphose into a werewolf when she spends the night of a full moon with him. Randi learns that Caleb has a steep price for this 'gift' - all she has to do to be permanently rid herself of the curse is to sell her soul to the Devil.
- Circus of Fear: One monster of the week was this.
- Genre Shift: after the move to Los Angeles the show became much more comedic in tone.
- Horny Devil: The Succubuses and another episodes features an aphrodisiac that turns people into monsters.
- International Coproduction: The first 14 episodes.
- Jerkass: Skip Seville in the "Love & Curses" episodes.
- Monster of the Week
- Re Tool: After the British side of the international coproduction pulled out, the setting was shifted to Los Angeles and the series was renamed Love and Curses.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl
- Teacher/Student Romance
- Zombie Infectee