She-Wolf of London, also known as Love and Curses, featured a young female werewolf and an older male professor of mythology. It was produced by Universal as part of their syndicated Hollywood Premiere Network, an attempt to create an ad-hoc TV "network" that got cancelled after the 1990-91 season (and in turn was the genesis of the Action Pack Universal created a couple years later).The first 14 episodes were a US/UK coproduction, filmed on location in England. After that, the English backers dropped out, and the show was retooled and relocated to Los Angeles.
This series provides examples of:
- Artistic License – Astronomy: "Don't worry, there won't be another full moon for months!"
- Baleful Polymorph: An episode opened with three obnoxious fratboys being turned into carp.
- Circus Episode: In "Big Top She-Wolf", Randi feels strangely attracted to Caleb Wakefield, the ringmaster of a rundown circus.
- Circus of Fear: In "Big Top She-Wolf", Randi feels strangely attracted to Caleb Wakefield, the ringmaster of a rundown circus. The attraction deepens when she discovers that she does not metamorphose into a werewolf when she spends the night of a full moon with him. Randi learns that Caleb has a steep price for this 'gift' - all she has to do to be permanently rid herself of the curse is to sell her soul to the Devil.
- Genre Shift: after the move to Los Angeles the show became much more comedic in tone.
- Horny Devil: The Succubuses and another episodes features an aphrodisiac that turns people into monsters.
- Re Tool: After the British side of the international coproduction pulled out, the setting was shifted to Los Angeles with a completely different supporting cast, and the series was renamed Love and Curses.