Roleplay: TV Tropes Roll To Dodge
We have our own RTD
game on the forums! Roll To Dodge was introduced to the TV Tropes forum by Sean Mirrsen of the Bay12 Forums. Since then other threads have popped up, but the biggest is still the first at over 200 pages
List of major Roll To Dodge Players (as in people with more than a few posts or a role in the storyline):
List of major Roll To Dodge GMs:
This thread provides examples of the following tropes:
- Badass: For Makuta, it's a literal power. Not that everyone else can't be though. See the examples for Rule of Cool too.
'Dammit, man we did so much damage to you, we could have killed a entire reality by now.'
- Badass Normal: Plumbum, being that he has never used any latent psychic powers or whatever.
- Blessed with Suck: One part of a curse put on Makuta9999 is that whenever he gets a one when he isn't attacking something, it immolates, extinguishes, freezes, melts, explodes, implodes, and finally disintegrates.
- Cargo Ship: Plumbum really likes his Jetbus
- Cerebus Syndrome: The game's scale got gradually larger as it went on.
- To put it in perspective, the first roll was Plumbum kicking a football at a wall. The current situation (at time of writing, page 181) is Plumbum chasing down his Jetbus that was stolen by Makuta, with a Charizard flying about.
- Page 212, and everyone is fighting a character that can mess with the dice rolls after Plumbum screwed up on messing with other peoples rolls.
- Cool Boat: The Jetbus becomes seaworthy seaworthy after upgrading.
- Cool Car: The Jetbus is a Cool Bus, combined with a Cool Plane and Cool Boat in its updated version. With the armament it could also be an Awesome Personnel Carrier.
- Cool Plane: The Jetbus, in its upgraded version. Knighted has one of these also. Dreadnought and Flanker 66's Air Forces are described as this.
- Crimefighting with Cash: One shudders at the expense of the Jetbus, and the garage full of mid-range vehicles tuned to match Lamborghinis and Ferraris. Plumbum again.
- Cursed with Awesome: The other part of a curse put on Makuta9999 is that whenever he gets a six when he is attacking something, it immolates, extinguishes, freezes, melts, explodes, implodes, and finally disintegrates.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Done quite literally by Xiphoniii. In R'lyeh itself, no less.
- Excuse Plot: Although it's more no plot at all.
Hello, Pentigan! You don't need to follow the "plot" (we have one now?)
— Flanker 66 introducing Pentigan to the game.
- Evil Twin: The Dark Jetbus.
- Hammer Space: Where Xiphoniii keeps all his stuff, specifically his Sitar, and more recently, an Atlantean spear.
- Hilarity Ensues: Half of what happens ends up as this.
- Indy Ploy: From a few tropers doing simple actions for kicks, it has become people trying to save the world (or conquer it, or just mess with Sweden..) and various wacky hijinks.
- Mega Crossover: Mainly because of Ascended Fanon. So far we've seen elements of Touhou, Maid RPG, Metroid Prime, Silent Hill, Dwarf Fortress, and a player has teleported to the Mass Effect universe.
- Due to major controversy regarding the place where Touhou takes place, Gensokyo had been closed off temporarily.
- Nice Hat: One made out of Cool Ships!
- The Power of Rock: Chaostryke is channeling it. More recently, and mildly, Xiphoniii, Demyx Style.
- Rule of Cool: A heavy factor in the gameplay. This is Knighted's main power source, and Dreadnought used it once as well.
'We're badass enough that a few broken bones won't hinder us'
— Makuta to to Mu Nu Xi after a particularly nasty fall.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants