Major Roll To Dodge Players
Major Roll To Dodge GMs
This thread provides examples of the following tropes:
- Badass Normal: Plumbum, being that he has never used any latent psychic powers or whatever.
- Blessed with Suck: One part of a curse put on Makuta 9999 is that whenever he gets a one when he isn't attacking something, it immolates, extinguishes, freezes, melts, explodes, implodes, and finally disintegrates.
- Cerebus Syndrome: The game's scale got gradually larger as it went on.
- To put it in perspective, the first roll was Plumbum kicking a football at a wall. The current situation (at time of writing, page 181) is Plumbum chasing down his Jetbus that was stolen by Makuta, with a Charizard flying about.
- Page 212, and everyone is fighting a character that can mess with the dice rolls after Plumbum screwed up on messing with other peoples rolls.
- Cool Boat: The Jetbus becomes seaworthy seaworthy after upgrading.
- Cool Car: The Jetbus is a Cool Bus, combined with a Cool Plane and Cool Boat in its updated version. With the armament it could also be an Awesome Personnel Carrier.
- Cool Plane: The Jetbus, in its upgraded version. Knighted has one of these also. Dreadnought and Flanker 66's Air Forces are described as this.
- Crimefighting with Cash: One shudders at the expense of the Jetbus, and the garage full of mid-range vehicles tuned to match Lamborghinis and Ferraris. Plumbum again.
- Cursed with Awesome: The other part of a curse put on Makuta 9999 is that whenever he gets a six when he is attacking something, it immolates, extinguishes, freezes, melts, explodes, implodes, and finally disintegrates.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Done quite literally by Xiphoniii. In R'lyeh itself, no less.
- Excuse Plot: Although it's more no plot at all.Hello, Pentigan! You don't need to follow the "plot" (we have one now?)— Flanker 66 introducing Pentigan to the game.
- Evil Twin: The Dark Jetbus.
- Hammer Space: Where Xiphoniii keeps all his stuff, specifically his Sitar, and more recently, an Atlantean spear.
- Hilarity Ensues: Half of what happens ends up as this.
- Indy Ploy: From a few tropers doing simple actions for kicks, it has become people trying to save the world (or conquer it, or just mess with Sweden..) and various wacky hijinks.
- Mega Crossover: Mainly because of Ascended Fanon. So far we've seen elements of Touhou, Maid RPG, Metroid Prime, Silent Hill, Dwarf Fortress, and a player has teleported to the Mass Effect universe.
- Due to major controversy regarding the place where Touhou takes place, Gensokyo had been closed off temporarily.
- Nice Hat: One made out of Cool Ships!
- The Power of Rock: Chaostryke is channeling it. More recently, and mildly, Xiphoniii, Demyx Style.
- Rule of Cool: A heavy factor in the gameplay. This is Knighted's main power source, and Dreadnought used it once as well.'We're badass enough that a few broken bones won't hinder us'— Makuta to to Mu Nu Xi after a particularly nasty fall.