This troper provides examples of:
- Asperger Syndrome: I've got this, seemingly; a psychologist I was seeing tested me and said that I probably did, but wasn't able to say so to a 100% certainty. Anyway, it took me a long time to learn about body language, non-verbal cues, and things like that. If something I said to somebody was being received poorly, I wouldn't pick up on it, and sometimes I still don't.
- Badass Long Hair / Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Formerly one of those, depending on whether I qualify as a badass or not. In April of 2015 I shaved it all off, just to see what it would look like. I don't think it looked bad and think I could pull off a Bald of Awesome (or perhaps Evil), but I decided I wanted it long again. So I'm growing it back, but hair grows slowly.
- Berserk Button: Numerous buttons, but there are two big ones worthy of mention. The first is people on any side of any armed conflict who kill civilians (intentionally or not) and act like it's acceptable or justified or that somehow they had no choice in the matter, and apologists for those people. (Meaning that anybody who talks about the Arab-Israeli Conflict as a case of Black and White Morality where only people on one side deserve any sympathy and everybody on the other is a Complete Monster causes my blood to boil. Which is not to say that both sides have suffered equally; the Palestinians have it far, far worse. Plus, the IDF appears to be doing its best to prove that the Armies Are Evil trope is true. But there are innocent civilians on both sides and I don't believe any of them deserve to be hurt or killed). The second is “Stop Having Fun” Guys who, well, try to make people stop doing fun things if said things aren't doing any harm.
- Bi the Way: I'm not sure if "bisexual" is the most accurate label for my sexual orientation TBH since I don't feel exactly the same about women and men. But I enjoy being with both of them (even if it's in different ways and to different degrees), so I think I'm closer to being bi than either straight or gay.
- Born in the Wrong Century: The internet's cool, present day technology of all sorts is cool, a lot of things are cool about living in the present, I guess...but nevertheless, I think I would've enjoyed being a kid in The '70s and a teenager in The '80s. As it says on the latter decade's page, it was a great time for pop culture. Also, there was plenty of Crowning Music of Awesome, in my opinion anyway.
- Canada, Eh?: From there.
- Cuteness Proximity: Please don't listen to me when I talk to my pets. I'll die of shame.
- The Ditz: Sometimes.
- Emotions vs. Stoicism: As with idealism vs. cynicism, I'm strange in that I can be either one depending on when you catch me. Sometimes I've walked into a situation where people were arguing and have remained calm and polite even when I've been insulted or goaded. Those times, I usually try to defuse the situation and get the other people to calm down and talk things out. But other times, I'll be the one who loses his temper over something and needs a reasonable person to come along and talk me down.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Averted. I don't, so you don't, so you can relax. Until I find some other form of mind control, that is. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- Meaningful Name: Mostly averted, since I really don't have much in common with the Kurt Vonnegut character named "Kilgore Trout". I'd say the only similarity is that both of us have written stories that were never published, and even that's a stretch; Mr. Trout is a hell of a lot more prolific than me.
- Most Gamers Are Male: Is doing nothing to avert this trope. (I'm sorry...) Likes RTS games such as Starcraft, 4X games such as Civilization, old adventure games by Sierra that I spent my adolescence playing such as Space Quest, RPGs such as Knights of the Old Republic, FPS's like Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, and more, so many more.
- Must Have Caffeine: Without coffee, I would not be able to think coherently, let alone type any of this.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Oh, I slide back and forth on this endlessly. Sometimes I think Humans Are Bastards. On the other hand, I tend to trust people even when I don't know for sure whether I can trust them. Sometimes I think somebody should get a Last-Second Chance, or even a third or fourth, and other times I think "This Is Unforgivable!".
- Wall of Text: I make 'em! Are you in the market for one? What do you think of this one so far?
Some of the things he enjoys:
open/close all folders
- The Dark Elf Trilogy
- The Icewind Dale Trilogy
- Legacy of the Drow Series
- The Han Solo Trilogy
- The Thrawn Trilogy
- Hand of Thrawn
- Outbound Flight
- Death Star
- Shadows of the Empire
- Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
- Tales from Jabba's Palace
- Tales of the Bounty Hunters
- New Jedi Order
- Kurt Vonnegut (pretty much anything by him)
Live Action TV
Music (some guilty pleasures included)
- Boston (one of my favourite bands of all time)
- Mötley Crüe
- Nine Inch Nails
- Billy Idol
- Steve Miller
- Guns N' Roses
- Wyclef Jean
- Def Leppard
- Van Halen
- Deep Purple
- Beastie Boys
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- The Offspring
- Rage Against the Machine
- Pink Floyd
- Green Day
- Lupe Fiasco
- Kanye West
- Foo Fighters
- The Black Keys
Tropes I hate:
- And I Must Scream: It really disturbs me to imagine anybody suffering forever. Hell, it even disturbs me to imagine anybody suffering for a prolonged period of times. So I don't like it when this pops up in a story.
VandalismThis used to be one of many places where you could write crap! Just like I'm doing here! Unfortunately for you, the opportunity to actually vandalize this very page has passed, but the next best thing is vandalizing this very page! Do it! It's loads and loads of fun! — KilgoreTrout ME GOES LA LA LA CURSE YOU RANDOM PERSON LA LA LA cygnavamp Hey, thanks for the assist on that last Star Trek re-cap! I used the spelling that the Compendium gave. At least, I think I did! I can't seem to find it now.... Oh well, I also noticed I misspelled Odona's name in one place and use of when I should've used off. Fixed now! Keep on Trekkin'!
- No problem, and will do! ^_^