This troper provides examples of:
- Asperger Syndrome: I've got this, seemingly; a psychologist I was seeing tested me and said that I probably did, but wasn't able to say so to a 100% certainty. Anyway, it took me a long time to learn about body language, non-verbal cues, and things like that. If something I said to somebody was being received poorly, I wouldn't pick up on it, and sometimes I still don't.
- Badass Long Hair / Long-Haired Pretty Boy: One of these depending on what precisely my level of badassery is, which I won't bother to try and guess myself. Anyway, I got me some hair on my head. And it's long. And I only get it cut when it gets annoyingly long.
- Berserk Button: Numerous buttons, but there are two big ones worthy of mention. The first is people on any side of any armed conflict who kill civilians (intentionally or not) and act like it's acceptable or justified or that somehow they had no choice in the matter, and apologists for those people. (Meaning that anybody who talks about the Arab-Israeli Conflict as a case of Black and White Morality where only people on one side deserve any sympathy and everybody on the other is a Complete Monster causes my blood to boil). The second is "Stop Having Fun" Guys who, well, try to make people stop doing fun things if said things aren't doing any harm.
- Born in the Wrong Century: The internet's cool, present day technology of all sorts is cool, a lot of things are cool about living in the present, I guess...but nevertheless, I think I would've enjoyed being a kid in The Seventies and a teenager in The Eighties. As it says on the latter decade's page, it was a great time for pop culture. Also, there was plenty of Crowning Music of Awesome, in my opinion anyway.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Hopefully this doesn't seem like I'm bragging. I know I'm lazy, and I don't seem to be particularly stupid. One thing I'm sure of is that if I were more motivated and/or had a better work ethic, I would have accomplished more by now.
- Canada, Eh?: From there.
- Cuteness Proximity: Please don't listen to me when I talk to my pets. I'll die of shame.
- The Ditz: Sometimes.
- Emotions vs. Stoicism: As with idealism vs. cynicism, I'm strange in that I can be either one depending on when you catch me. Sometimes I've walked into a situation where people were arguing and have remained calm and polite even when I've been insulted or goaded. Those times, I usually try to defuse the situation and get the other people to calm down and talk things out. But other times, I'll be the one who loses his temper over something and needs a reasonable person to come along and talk me down.
- Egregious: I love this word and I refuse to be ashamed of it! My mission on this wiki is to make sure that every instance of the word "egregious" is linked to the entry on that word. I even blue-linked that last egregious, and the one in this sentence too! Perhaps I have a problem...a very, very egregious problem.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Averted. I don't, so you don't, so you can relax. Until I find some other form of mind control, that is. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- Meaningful Name: Mostly averted, since I really don't have much in common with the Kurt Vonnegut character named "Kilgore Trout". I'd say the only similarity is that both of us have written stories that were never published, and even that's a stretch; Mr. Trout is a hell of a lot more prolific than me.
- Most Gamers Are Male: Is doing nothing to avert this trope. (I'm sorry...) Likes RTS games such as Starcraft, 4X games such as Civilization, old adventure games by Sierra that I spent my adolescence playing such as Space Quest, RPGs such as Knights of the Old Republic, FPS's like Left 4 Dead and Star Wars Battlefront, and more, so many more.
- Must Have Caffeine: Without coffee, I would not be able to think coherently, let alone type any of this.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Oh, I slide back and forth on this endlessly. Sometimes I think Humans Are Bastards. On the other hand, I tend to trust people even when I don't know for sure whether I can trust them. Sometimes I think somebody should get a Last-Second Chance, or even a third or fourth, and other times I think "This Is Unforgivable".
- Wall of Text: I make 'em! Are you in the market for one? What do you think of this one so far?
Some of the things he enjoys:
open/close all folders
Live Action TV
Music (some guilty pleasures included)
- The Young Turks (I actually watch the show on YouTube, but it's listed under "radio" so it goes here, I guess.)
This used to be one of many places where you could write crap! Just like I'm doing here! Unfortunately for you, the opportunity to actually vandalize this very page
has passed, but the next best thing is vandalizing this
very page! Do it! It's loads and loads of fun! — KilgoreTrout
GOES LA LA LA CURSE YOU RANDOM PERSON
LA LA LA
Hey, thanks for the assist on that last Star Trek
re-cap! I used the spelling that the Compendium gave. At least, I think I did! I can't seem to find it now.... Oh well, I also noticed I misspelled Odona's name in one place and use of when I should've used off. Fixed now! Keep on Trekkin'!
- No problem, and will do! ^_^