Roleplay / Super Hero High
Super Hero High is a NationStates
roleplay, set on a high school for totally normal people. Except they have superhuman powers. And it's in space
The current incarnation (or set of incarnations) started in November 2011, but it began several years before on the evil Jolt Forums. It started off relatively normal, about a bunch of teenagers, and then HOLY SHIT VAMPIRE WAR! In the latest thread, the war against the vampires is almost over, with only small populations of vampires left.
This RP contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Tara King would be a Little Miss Badass, if not for her age.
- Always in Class 1: Even though the students are of different ages and skills, they still go in the same classes.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Bramwell and Makoto both tend to isolate themselves with exceptions for a few people, and it is established as being odd for Bramwell to start a conversation of any significance and is shown having trouble identifying sarcasm. Sakura has a very unstable self-image that is reflected in her Mental World and forced people to the ground due to hearing an explosion for five minutes after the explosion happened in addition to other odd instances and habits.
- Ascended Extra: Head of Security Richard Jenkins started out as simply a background character, but has since taken the step into becoming a proper character with both a backstory and some character development.
- Badass Normal: Headmaster Anderson had no superpowers whatsoever, and still managed to play a pivotal role in the Vampire War.
- Casting a Shadow: Though Antonio can manipulate all the elements, shadow is the one he's most proficient with.
- Curbstomp Battle: Josh and Tyler vs a navy warship during a simulation. The warship didn't stand a chance.
- Crapsack World: Although not the focus of the roleplay, the Earth is not a pleasant place at this time. Even more so if you happen to be an Empowered. Even the most heroic Empowered get treated with varying levels of mistrust and disrespect.
- Dark and Troubled Past: A large amount of the current cast have issues that stem from their past.
- Dark is Not Evil: Despite having control of darkness, Shade is more worried about others, especially Antonio.
- Disability Super Power: Jay is blind, but makes up for it with echolocation.
- Dumb Blonde: Averted with Rachael, she's blonde but not terribly stupid.
- Emotion Eater: Shade feeds on a certain amount of Antonio's feelings of pain, sorrow, fear, and anger to keep him happy.
- The Fair Folk: Unfortunately the Lords and Ladies would prefer to mess up the world just to see what happens. Its implied that they helped cause and end World War Two.
- Foil: Antonio, who has one body, many minds, to Tobias, who has many bodies, one mind.
- Josh and Goltia to each other. Josh is quiet, withdrawn and spends a good deal of his time reading. Goltia, meanwhile, is a tsundere tomboy that enjoys fighting a bit too much for her own good.
- Magical Incantation: Axel's magic requires incantations spoken in Basque. This doesn't hold true for all magically gifted people though.
- Mind Hive: Antonio has at least nine other personalities.
- Mind over Matter: Makoto and Joaquin both are established as telekinetic psychics.
- Motor Mouth: Maisie.
Maisie: Of course I'm excited, who wouldn't be? It's, it's the moon! This is huge. The moon is, like, it's like a whole new planet! We could find aliens or something. This is going to be so cool! Are you going to volunteer? I'm definitely going to volunteer. I really want to get chosen because this is going to be so awesome!
- Missing Episode: The second thread was wiped by the autoprune.
- Papa Wolf: Go on, try and hurt Markus Templar's son. See what happens.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Tyler is powerful enough to flatten an acre of forest in a matter of seconds, and has trouble keeping his power under control.
- Playing with Fire: Three player characters have this power; there are eleven known pyrokinetics overall.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: In an alternate future, one of Antonio's personalities ended up mutating everything to cure everything, up to death, even if it makes North America uninhabitable.