Roleplay: Pokémon: Creation's Egg
"In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos. At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an egg. Having tumbled from the vortex, the Egg gave rise to the Original One. From itself, two beings the Original One did make. Time started to spin. Space began to expand. From itself again, three living things the Original One did make. The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be. The three living things wished, and from them, spirit came to be. The world created, the Original One took to unyielding sleep..."
A Play-by-Post Game
started by Saturn
and moderated by NickTheSwing
that starts here
Taking place after the events of Pokémon Black and White
, the story consists of the tales of Trainers who can talk to their Pokémon
, who under fear of persecution
, concealed the facts of their abilities since birth
. They travel all across the Pokémon world in an attempt to discover why they have these powers and possibly dip into the world's tales of creation
Sign-up is encouraged and starts here
You'll find examples of these tropes in this roleplay:
- Affably Evil: Ingram Arigetto's daughters play this every now and then.
- And now that we have Adrian, he very much invokes this.
- All Just a Dream: Tom wonders whether he went through this or not.
- And Now For Something Completely Different: Many sidestories for Red.
- Aura Vision: Matt can see the aura of Pokémon, which really helps.
- British Accents: Matt.
- Caffeine Bullet Time: Used by Simon, the Drillbur, when he's under the effects of Sandstorm and a passing Whirlipede.
- Cheerful Child: Invoked by Tsukasa and Ha.
- Combat Pragmatist: Cinca, when her Bisharp and Archeops fail, she just resorts to her handy trench knives.
- Creepy Child: Mixed with Moe in the case of Tsukasa.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Implied against Cress, the Striaton City Gym leader, by Shane. Also implied by all of Nick's Pokémon by a Volcarona.
- Saber vs. Zeus lasted all of one Ember and then Shock Wave attack.
- Darker and Edgier: Than the regular Pokémon anime. In this, for instance, one of the heroes had to fight his way out of the villainous team's base with his bare hands, and the enemies are generally much better organized.
- Declaration of Protection: Kagato to Tsukasa. Helps that they're siblings.
- Disc One Nuke: Although it's not too powerful, since the Unova region had been cleared prior, all areas of the region are unlocked and various TMs are now available to the cast. Most notable is TM 26 (Earthquake). Which everybody seems to want.
- Distressed Damsel: Played by Tsukasa at first.
- Double Entendre: The statue in the Driftveil Plaza.
- Dynamic Entry: Blackjack enters through a window to rescue Shane, even carrying a Garvantua Shield to intercept a Darkrai's attack.
- Eagle Land: Zeal, Kaitlyn's Rufflet, is pushing for Type-1, but to some, Type-2.
- Egg Sitting: Kaitlyn finds a Larvesta egg. Since then she has put it into an egg case since apparently it emits large amounts of heat. It has now since hatched.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: A few of Ingram's daughters have this.
- For Science!: Doctor Ingram's Motivations. This, and a desire to live comfortably with his daughters.
- Green Thumb: Not Nick as a character, but rather his team is based around Grass-type Pokémon.
- It Amuses Me: Volcarona and his reason for helping Nick.
- Pokémon Get: Used by Kaitlyn when she caught Zoe. Lampshaded and called out by Luke.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Clay, although he's gotten even better since the games.
- Large Ham: As an expy of Jail Scaglietti, this is expected.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Every now and then.
- Meddling Parents: Kaitlyn's father sees his daughter as a ticket towards gaining political power.
- Nature Hero: Kagato, who is rather tuned in to the environment.
- No Social Skills: Oh Siete, you poor thing...
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Most of the time Nick spends with his Pokémon has this as his default mode.
- Playing with Fire: Apparently a Larvesta egg emits enough heat to light even campfires. And now that it has hatched, it really likes to play with fire.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Ingram's Daughters. VERY Quirky.
- Reverse Mole: Adrian Kunstler. He joined Team gestalt not so that he could do evil things, but so that he could screw with them.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Zoe, a tympole, tries to come off as this. Initially, Kaitlyn thinks otherwise.
- Shout-Out: Saber?
- Talking Animal: All of them of course.
- That One Boss: In-Universe — It's implied with Nick's team when he met a level 70 Volcarona with his Level 30's Pokémon.
- Trademark Favorite Food: The Castelicone.
- Tsun Dere: Nick's Ju is showing signs of this.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Nick experiences this when he's on any type of vehicle.
- Wig, Dress, Accent: Kaitlyn, with Red wig and Green contacts.
- Worthy Opponent: Cobalion to Nick. Only time will tell if Virizion, Terrakion, and Keldeo have the same opinion towards whoever they meet.
- You Shall Not Pass: Villainous example. Quatra and Siete attempt to pull this off. Unfortunately, they're guarding the wrong place. Johnny sets them straight.