- Angrish: SHUTYOURMOUTHYOULITTLEINGRATE.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Mokuba has started to gain this attitude about his kidnappings.
- Epic Fail: Kaiba has the pipe that he picked up to fight with knocked out of his hands in mere seconds by a stick-wielding Tristan (no, not another pipe, just a stick).
Kaiba: Well, that was highly improbable.
- Grand Theft Me: Tristan is no longer Tristan. Instead he is... EVIL TRISTAN!
- Insistent Terminology: Lector insists on using the term "localization" instead of "Americanization". Because when translating things, America is the only country that matters.
- Never Split the Party: Yugi tries to enforce this rule. Too bad that Kaiba works alone.
- Noodle Incident: "Tristan, put down the stick! Remember what happened with the scissors?!"
- Pet the Dog: We don't get to see it, but if you take Mokuba at his word, Pegasus took him on a picnic and Marik ordered him a pizza during their respective kidnappings of him.
- Plot Armor: Kaiba escapes from a flaming bike wreck unscathed just because he's Seto Kaiba.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Kaiba refers to Tristan exclusively as "the funny guy who says the funny things". Too bad that this time Tristan's not laughing.
- Shout-Out: Yugi commands Joey to "use Tackle" on Tristan. Joey promptly lapses into Pokémon Speak.
- Take That: Dreamworks is accused of creating "lame, uninspired animated movies starring B-list celebrities that blatantly rip off vastly superior Pixar movies". Ouch.
- Theme Tune Cameo: Kaiba briefly sings along with "You're Not Me (one of his canon counterpart's Image Songs). It's as awesome as it sounds.
- Took a Level in Badass: The show itself, according to Yugi. The copious amounts of Badass Bikers in this episode helps.
"Okay, so when did this show become amazing?!"
- Translation Convention: Tristan can understand all the other characters perfectly as a robot monkey, but when he talks no one hears anything except for various animal noises.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Tristan's kidnapping attempt is quickly complicated by Mokuba's travel sickness.