"Yu-Gi-Oh! is the official product of 4Kids Entertai- wait, what?"
- All Girls Like Ponies: Serenity opens the Obviously Evil door twice just because he promised her that she'd find ponies on the other side.
- Big "NO!": Tristan upon realizing that he is now a robot monkey.
- Dramatic Irony: You probably gathered from the title that Tristan is going to die at some point in the episode. Tristan's obliviousness to this is milked for all it's worth.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Tristan does one for Du- erm, Serenity.
- Logic Bomb: The heroes try to pull one on Nesbitt. They eventually pull it off by showing him the official artwork of the new Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonist.
- Love Triangle: Resolved: Serenity chooses Tristan over Duke because she loves him emotionally rather than just physically. Duke is just fine with that.
- The Power of Love: Tristan discovers that this is what gives him super strength, not his voice.
- Say My Name: The evil door does this on repeat to Tristan.
- Shout-Out: "I love you!" "I know."
- "Big brother, I don't want to be on Tatooine, people might mistake me for a Jawa!"
- Sure, Let's Go with That: Tristan accidentally saves Serenity while trying to defend Duke. When he realizes this increases his chance with her however, he immediatly pretends it was intentional.
- Theme Tune: The characters engage in a "theme music battle". Nesbitt's theme is a narm-tastic parody of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Duke's is (of course) "Sexy Back", and Serenity's is the My Little Pony theme.
- Totally Radical: The Villain of the Week aims to make Tristan, Duke, and Serenity into more marketable characters, which he hopes to accomplish by giving them "sunglasses, skateboards, and plenty of attitude".
- Won't Take "Yes" for an Answer: Tristan after suggesting a game of Monopoly.Duke: Only if I can be the dog.Tristan: I'm always the dog!Duke: Okay, I'll be the car.Tristan: I'm always the car!