Recap: The X Files S 02 E 11 Excelsis Dei
When an orderly at the Excelcis Dei Nursing Home claims to have been raped by an elderly (and, what's more, invisible) in-patient, Scully insists on an investigation. Once there, they find that the patients seem unusually spry and lucid - until the accused rapist unexpectedly drops dead from a rare poison that he could not conceivably have access to. Could a revolutionary new treatment for Alzheimer's be responsible? Or are the spirits of the dead exacting horrible revenge for the abuses they suffered? And what is the role of Gung, the one orderly everyone seems to like?
- Asshole Victim: Michelle Charters doesn't make it easy to sympathize with her, but the trauma she's been through is legitimate.
- Cure For Cancer: Or, rather, Alzheimer's.
- Drowning Pit
- Foreign Language Title
- Hey, It's That Guy!: the female orderly is Dr. Fraiser
- I See Dead People: one (possible) effect of the mushroom-pills
- Orderlies Are Creeps
- Porn Stash:Mulder: Whatever tape you found in that VCR, it isn't mine.Scully: Good, because I put it back in that drawer with all those other videos that aren't yours.