Recap: The X Files S 02 E 24 Our Town
- An Axe to Grind: The Masked Executioner wields one.
- Big Damn Heroes: Mulder shoots the Masked Executioner before Scully gets beheaded.
- Cannibal Clan: A whole cannibal town, actually.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Mulder acquired a tape of a mental patient rambling on about escaping the town.
- Dramatic Unmask: After shooting the executioner, Mulder pulls off his mask and finds him to be Sheriff Arens.
- A Fęte Worse Than Death: The conspiracy of a bizarre town kills outsiders and turns it into a big celebration. The residents engage in a cannibalistic ritual borrowed from primitive tribes.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Chaco is killed in the ritual he taught to the townspeople.
- I'm a Humanitarian: People eat people.
- Inspired By: Bad Day at Black Rock
- Laser-Guided Karma: The town's latest victim manages to infect them all with Creudztfeldt–Jakob disease, thus ensuring they will eventually all die raving and hallucinating.
- Off with His Head!: How the town's victims are dispatched.
- Older Than They Look: Thanks to their, err, special diet, everybody looks much younger than they actually are.
- Police Are Useless: Sheriff Arens is reluctant to cooperate in Mulder and Scully's investigation and appears disinterested in the whole thing. Justified because Arens is not only in on the Dark Secret, but he's the executioner.
- Town with a Dark Secret: Something rotten in this town...