Recap: The X Files S 02 E 21 The Calusari
- Badass Preacher: The Calusari. Also a Badass Crew.
- Creepy Child: Charlie has his moments, but Michael is so much worse. That little actor was damn good.
- Enhance Button: Sort of, with the photo from the funfair. Pressing a few buttons and applying a few filters apparently produces proof of a ghostly presence.
- Evil Twin: Charlie's twin Michael died at birth, and is essentially haunting the living brother, killing people around them.
- Good All Along: Grandmother and the Calusari.
- Hollywood Exorcism
- Infant Immortality: Horribly subverted. Teddy was just a two-year old boy and he died during a teaser. His mother has lost another child before that.
- Munchausen Syndrome: Scully initially suspects this is the case, with the grandmother being the perpetrator.
- Non-Nazi Swastika: Used by the Grandmother and the Calusari.
- Ritual Magic
- Social Services Does Not Exist: Averted. Scully thinks they need to get Charlie away from his family (specifically his grandmother). Karen Kosseff, an FBI therapist who appears in several episodes, tries talking to Charlie.
- Spooky Photographs: A digitally enhanced photograph shows a blur leading the balloon that lures Teddy towards the train tracks. It's the "spectral snap" type of the trope.
- Ultimate Evil/Satan: Michael is implied to be Satan.