Recap: The X Files S 02 E 05 Duane Barry
Mulder, along with his new partner Krycek, is called in to help negotiate a hostage situation being pulled by one Duane Barry, a man claiming to be a multiple-time alien abductee. Mulder uses his sister's abduction to build common ground - but is it Duane Barry who is being manipulated, or is he in fact doing the manipulating? And when Scully discovers that Duane Barry is a pathological liar, in addition to a former FBI agent, Mulder turns out to be in as great a danger as the hostages. Or is it possible that Duane Barry was telling the truth all along?
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Duane Barry's descriptions of his own abductions.
- Hostage Situation: Duane Barry takes his shrink hostage, and several random people as well.
- James Bondage: Mulder gets tied to a chair for his troubles.
- Ominous Visual Glitch: The TV at Duane's place goes out and static fills the screen. The room is flooded with light and Duane starts to levitate. There is a flying saucer above his house and he's abducted.
- Third-Person Person: Duane Barry doesn't like it when aliens run tests on Duane Barry.
- Tracking Device: One possible answer to what the piece of metal they pull out of Duane Barry might be.
- To Be Continued: First part of a two parter.
- Workout Fanservice: Mulder is doing laps in the swimming pool and is wearing only red speedos.
- You, Get Me Coffee: Agent Kazdin sends Krycek for cappuccino.