Recap: The X Files S 02 E 12 Aubrey
"Someone's got to take the blame, Little Sister, and it's not going to be me"
When a female police officer, BJ Morrow, starts displaying preternatural knowledge of a set of 50-year-old serial killings, Mulder theorizes some kind of clairvoyance. But when new victims start turning up, it seems that something far more sinister is going on. Has a 74-year-old serial killer resumed his old activities? And what is BJ's connection to the case?
- Child by Rape: BJ's father was one. His mother was raped by a serial killer, but she survived and had his child. She put him up for adoption.
- Genetic Memory: One of the more ridiculous uses of the trope.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "Yes, and also I've always been intrigued by women named B.J."
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Tillman becomes very snippy once BJ reveals her pregnancy, but he still tries to protect her while she begins slipping into insanity and even petitions to adopt the baby after her attempts to abort it.
- Office Romance: BJ, a female Detective, has an affair with her Lieutenant who is married. She gets pregnant with him, but these are only minor problems... She starts channeling her grandfather who is a serial killer. She ends up suicidal and tries to abort her son. Lieutenant Tillman petitions to adopt the child (it's unknown whether his wife knew about the affair or if they even stayed together).
- Sanity Slippage: BJ.
- Serial Killer: Who rapes and kills women, and also has killed FBI agents who investigated the case.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Mulder's sunflower seeds are back, and he even tries to explain the case with them. What if he likes them because his father liked them as well, and he's predisposed to like them, hum?
- Your Cheating Heart: Tillman is unfaithful to his wife, and his lover gets pregnant.