"Something evil is after Carla Moran, and it will stop at nothing to get her."The Entity
is a 1982 horror film inspired by the supposed real life hauntings of Doris Bither
Carla Moran, played by Barbara Hershey, is a single mother of two girls and a teenage son, who is attacked and raped by an invisible assailant one night, and event that continues to repeat. Her friends, family and psychologist believe she's going crazy, but a team of paranormal scientists believe her and are determined to bring an end to her attacker.
- Antagonist Title: Subverted, the creature is never called "The Entity" during the film. It is however referred to as an entity.
- Badass Boast: When the finally attempt to get rid of the creature fails, Carla stands up to it, fed up with all of the torment and rape, saying it can do whatever it wants, but can't have her. This only gets it angry and attempts to kill her
- Bittersweet Ending: The Entity breaks free from the ice and will continue to visit Carla for many years. On the plus side, it doesn't rape her anymore.
- Disappeared Dad: The father of Carla's kids died in a motorcycle accident before the events of the film.
- Eldritch Abomination: The titular entity, an invisible creature obsessed with tormenting and raping Carla. The large ice it's trapped in at the end of the film suggests it's as big as 2 stories.
- Evil Sounds Deep: The Entity's only line in this movie, towards Carla. "Welcome home, cunt."
- Fan Disservice: Getting raped by the Entity was horrific enough even without the bite marks, but the part where a naked Carla is getting molested by the Entity is plenty unappealing.
- Harmless Freezing: The Entity inadvertently freezes itself in a large block of ice during Carla's final attempt to get rid of it. It breaks out.
- No Name Given: The evil spirit plaguing Carla is never referred to be any name. In fact, it isn't even called "The Entity" during the film.