Recap: The Simpsons S 6 E 23 The Springfield Connection
After knocking out Snake when he goes to attack her in an alley, Marge gets a much-needed surge of adrenaline in her hum-drum life and decides to join the Springfield Police Force.
This episode contains examples of:
- Action Mom: Marge becomes a strong, competent police officer while still keeping up with her housework.
- Bait and Switch (with a bit of Take That): Homer laments that when he thought Marge going to the police academy, it would be fun and exciting like that movie: Spaceballs. Instead it had been painful and disturbing like Police Academy.
- Buffy Speak: Moe thinks "garage" sounds too fancy; he just calls them "car holes". Homer later uses the term himself.
- Dirty Cop: The police at the end ignore the pants counterfeiting ring because they get to keep the pants. This causes Marge to quit.
- Heel Realization: Homer after Marge saves his life from Hermann.
- Off Model: In two different scenes Chief Wiggum's hair is black, not unlike his earliest appearances on the show.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Defied. Homer thinking that he's above the law now that Marge is a cop tries parking in three handicapped places, buy beer for the three bullies (even though Kearney is said to be of the legal age to drink in America), and steals Marge's hat, and gets thrown in jail.