Episode - 8F08
First Aired - 11/21/1991
Moe steals Homer's recipe for a cough syrup-laced cocktail that becomes the toast of Springfield.
This episode contains examples of:
- As Themselves: Aerosmith (Steven Tyler, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer, Joe Perry and Brad Whitford)
- Defictionalization: The Flaming Homer/Moe became real in the form of "Purple drank" aka "Sizzurp" in the 2000s.
- Driven to Madness: Homer at the climax.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The name Flaming Moe. The writers assumed the censors didn't get it. note
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Homer (unknowingly) gives away the secret ingredient to the Flaming Moe, screwing both Moe and himself out of a small fortune.
- Plagiarism In Fiction: Moe stealing Homer's recipe.
- Punny Name: Bart's prank call of this episode backfired because there was someone named "Hugh Jass" who actually took the prank call in good spirit.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Homer invokes this when he saw the results when Maggie got to Lisa and her friends.
- Shout-Out: Several references to Cheers, and one to Phantom of the Opera.
- Special Guest: Phil Hartman as Lionel Hutz
- What the Hell, Hero?: Moe's waitress Colette was angry that he stole Homer's drink. Later, she tells him he should sell the drink and give half the money to Homer. But it was too late, and for that she broke up with him and left to pursue a movie career.