The Springfield Library is dilapidated, filled with bums, and hardly contains any books. Bart, Lisa and Milhouse expect to find material to work on their History class, and Marge fills in with three historical pieces from her own memory.
open/close all folders
- Artistic License - History: The segment, among other inaccuracies (which is normal for these stories), completely ignores the fact that Henry VIII did father a few sons (although the only legitimate one who'd actually lived long enough to see his first birthday was from his third wife).
- Big Eater: Henry VIII.
- Exact Words: "Canonized".
- My Card: "Anne Boleyn - 'A son will come out - tomorrow!'"
- Start My Own: This is how the Anglican Church was born.
- No, Except Yes:
Marge: It's not your fault. It's just that you came out the wrong sex and ruined everything.
- I Will Show You X: Subverted.
Messenger: Well, we’re running out of pikes to stick’ your wives’ heads on.
King Henry: I'll show you we're running out of pikes!
They open the pike storage.
King Henry: Hey, you were right!
Lewis, Clark and Sacagawea
Mozart and Salieri