On the first day back to school from summer break, Lisa meets a girl her age who acts twice her age and wants Lisa and her friends to do the same. Meanwhile, Homer recruits Bart to help him make money off recycling grease.
This episode contains examples of (YMMV tropes can be found here)
- Air Vent Escape: Homer and Bart to get in and out of the school's kitchen.
- An Aesop: Don't be in a such a rush to grow up and enjoy your childhood while you still can.
- Comically Missing the Point: Since Marge is the one who buys the food he takes the grease from, Homer doesn't consider the money spent to get it despite being pointed out he is the one who provides her with the money.
- Continuity Nod: Alison from "Lisa's Rival" is among the girls Alex and Lisa hang with.
- Crash-Into Hello: Millhouse takes off his glasses when he sees Lisa but ends up crashing into a shop display.
- Eye Scream: Homer has an unfortunate incident with a vacuum.
- I Am One of Those Too: Homer inadvertently keeps digging himself deeper because Willie is every one of the things he claims he is.Homer: Uh, buh, buh, we're new foreign exchange students from ... uh, um ... Scotland!Willie: Saints be praised, I'm from Scotland! Where do ya hail from?Homer: Uh ... North ... Kilttown.Willie: No foolin'! I'm from North Kilttown! Do you know Angus McLeod?Homer: Wait a minute! There's no Angus McLeod in North Kilttown! Why, you're not from Scotland at all!
- Little Black Dress: Lisa dons one to get a date for the dance.
- Not So Above It All: Turns out Alex isn't totally above having a greaseball fight for fun.
- Social Services Does Not Exist: Homer forces Bart to skip school to help him with his grease recycling business and nobody does anything about it.
- Shout-Out: Groundskeeper Willie knows an Angus McLeod in Scotland.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The men from the Acne Grease Corporation get set up as a pair of villains when they steal the grease Homer takes from Krusty Burger. But they're never seen again after that.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Alex, or so she thinks.