Speedy: Winning isn't everything.
Robin: It's just the only thing that matters!Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy are whisked away by the Master of Games, who pits the three of them against four teen superheroes (and Gizmo) in The Tournament of Heroes, promising prizes. Robin becomes obsessively competitive, but Cyborg is suspicious of the Master's plans.
- All Your Powers Combined: The Master of Games's goal.
- Continuity Nod: Terra's appearance at the end of the episode counts as this (although strangely, she's absent during the rest of the episode, including shots of Raven and Starfire that she should logically have been included in).
- False Reassurance: The Master of Games lets the winners of Round 1 know that the losers had been sent home safe and sound. Combines with I Lied.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Robin wins the final match by breaking Speedy's bow, and Speedy acts as if Robin had gone too far. While this would make sense if Speedy's bow carried sentimental value, no such subplot was included, and Speedy is shown to have a new bow (or have fixed his old one) by the time he reappears.
- Girls' Night Out Episode: Inverted; this is a Guy's Night Out episode.
- Here We Go Again: At the end of the episode, the girls are summoned by the Master of Games in the same way the guys were for a "Tournament of Heroines". Unfortunately we don't get to see the outcome of this tournament to find out what happens.
- Power Copying: The Master of Games' medallion allows him to copy the power of whatever hero he holds captive inside of it.
- Released to Elsewhere: The Master of Games makes the remaining contestants believe that the losers have been sent back home, while Cyborg and eventually Robin find out that the losers actually become captives inside the Master of Games' medallion.
- Rule Zero: "Never challenge the Master; I always win."
- The Cake Is a Lie: The Master of Games said there would be prizes. He never said they'd be for the champion.
- Tournament Arc: Although it's confined to one episode, with the Sequel Hook not getting one.
- Was It Really Worth It?: Speedy to Robin after the latter wins.