"She is not your friend. She is my apprentice."Terra is finally adjusting to being a Titan and the team has accepted her wholeheartedly. Beginning to develop feelings for her, Beast Boy asks Terra out on a date, and she accepts, much to his elation- but everything's not as perfect as it seems. Slade crashes their date and unveils that Terra has been hiding her true allegiance all this time...
—Slade (to Beast Boy)
- Almost Kiss: Beast Boy and Terra, before Slade kills the moment.
- Becoming the Mask: Terra carries out her plan to assassinate the Titans but has grown attached enough to Beast Boy to get him out of the Tower before the plan goes down.Slade: (to Beast Boy) I guess she took pity on you. Perhaps she wanted to keep you as a pet.
- Beware the Honest Ones: Slade normally is a Consummate Liar about his plans, but this time Terra sadly confirms that he's telling the truth about her being The Mole.
- Break Them by Talking: Slade does this to Terra and Beast Boy simultaneously.
- Bullying a Dragon: Though Slade succeeded in breaking Beast Boy and Terra up, he nearly got mauled by Beast Boy in various animal forms. Beware the Silly Ones indeed.
- Deal with the Devil: Terra made one with Slade: in exchanging for learning to control her powers, she would spy on the Titans and sell them out to him.
- Death Glare: Terra sends an absolutely bone-chilling one in Beast Boy's direction as she and Slade take their leave from the carnival.
- Didn't Think This Through: Terra taking Beast Boy on an impulse date to save him from the massacre at Titans Tower. Even if Slade hadn't interrupted the date to break them up, Terra didn't consider that Beast Boy could still have his communicator on him, or that he wouldn't react to the truth well. It was fortunate for her that he left his communicator at the diner, since he would have insisted on returning.
- Double-Meaning Title: Beast Boy felt betrayed by Terra working for Slade, and Terra felt betrayed by Beast Boy turning his back on her when she clearly felt guilty about her working with Slade.
- Downer Ending: Ends with the Titans alone in the half-destroyed tower, crushed over the fact that Terra sold them all out to Slade. And one of the last shots in the episode is a shot of Beast Boy in dog form curled up around the heart box he gave Terra.
- Hall of Mirrors: The episode's climax takes place in one.
- Heel–Face Door-Slam:Terra: You said you'd be my friend, no matter what, remember?Beast Boy: Slade was right - you don't have any friends.
- I Knew It!: In-universe Raven says this about Terra. So did most of the fandom, given the episode titles and Terra's comic book backstory.
- It Meant Something to Me: Terra had started to fall for Beast Boy, and tried to save his life. Of course, she doesn't clearly state this when he asked her if she was "pretending" to like him.
- The Mole: Terra has been working for Slade.
- Mood Whiplash: For a while the episode switches back and forth between lovestruck Beast Boy and Terra on their date and the rest of the Titans fending off about 200 of Slade's robots at Titans Tower.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Beast Boy eating pie at the diner. The face he makes and his reverent tone says it all."This is the best pie, in the history of pie."
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- Terra breaks down in the hall of mirrors, apologizing for betraying the Titans and leaving them to die. Then averted when she returns with Slade after Beast Boy turns his back on her.
- Beast Boy regrets turning his back on Terra by the end of the episode, not just because of his broken heart but also because he's left her to Slade's mercy, and to turn against the Titans openly.
- Not Helping Your Case: When Terra explains to Beast Boy why she betrayed all of them, she says she owed Slade for helping her control her powers, and reminds Beast Boy of his promise to always be her "friend" no matter what.
- Oblivious Guilt Slinging: The Titans do this when they offer the last slice of pizza to Terra, with Robin saying he's happy to have her on the team. This doesn't make Terra feel any better as she shuts down the security to Titan' s Tower.
- Sadistic Choice: Beast Boy is offered one: either he turns his back on Terra and leave her with Slade, or reconciles her betrayal of the Titans, which almost killed them, with what he knows about her. He chooses the first option, though he regrets it later.
- Beast Boy smashing the mirrors to find Slade is exactly what Baby Doll did to find Batman.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Take a wild guess.
- Stand Your Ground: 200 of Slade's robots invade Titans' Tower.Starfire: They are too numerous to fight! What should we do?
Robin: Fight anyway.
- Stock Episode Titles
- Subtext: Slade almost seems to get jealous of Beast Boy when he and Terra are on their date ("You think you know her. You know nothing. She never even liked you!"). Also when Beast Boy asks why Terra betrayed them, Slade gives us this:
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Sandwich: Terra on seeing Slade at the diner drags Beast Boy out despite it being the "best pie in the history of pie."
- Was It All a Lie?:Beast Boy: (to Terra) So it was all a game? You were just pretending?!
- What Were You Thinking?: Slade delivers this to Terra, asking if she really thought she could leave with her "little boyfriend".
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Beast Boy was ecstatic on Terra going on a date with him, after she had turned him down earlier, and he's utterly angry and confused when learning she betrayed the Titans to Slade. To drive this point home, the episode ends with him in dog form.