Livewire, having escaped from prison, teams up with Parasite to take revenge on Superman. Each supervillain gave the Man of Steel major trouble during their last encounter. How can he defeat the two of them as a team?
This episode contains examples of:
- Batman Gambit: Superman takes a swipe at the electrically-powered Parasite with a broom. Gloatingly, the supervillain zaps it, setting the end on fire. Cue super-smirk as the Man of Steel raises the broom to the smoke detectors.
- Boring, but Practical:
- When Lois Lane needs to go out in a heavy storm she dresses in an unflattering plain yellow rain poncho. When Clark (having a Eureka Moment) stares at her, she points out that even if it is not particularly attractive or special it will keep her dry.
- Superman then confronts Livewire and Parasite by laminating himself in a non-conducting rubber. Parasite can't touch his skin, and he's immune to Livewire's electric blasts.
- Big "NO!": Parasite, when he realizes he's played right into Superman's hands.
- The End... Or Is It?
- Eureka Moment: Clark sees Lois don a raincoat, and the idea of a plastic suit occurs to him.
- Failed a Spot Check: the guard who was supposed to make sure that no electronics got near Livewire's cell. How could he notice a watch and miss earphones?
- Kiss of Death: Downplayed. Livewire kissing Dan Turpin put him out for some amount of time, but at the end of the story, he's back as good as ever.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: At one point, Parasite tries to absorb Livewire. The claustrophic scene, combined with how Livewire defends herself has a very strong rape subtext.
- Villain Team-Up: a major part of the story.
- What an Idiot: the janitor who lets Livewire listen to his music.