An accident involving toxic waste turns janitor Rudy Jones into Parasite, a supervillain who can take the powers and memories of anyone he touches. When he gets a taste of Superman's power, he kidnaps him. How can the Man of Steel save the city and himself?
This episode contains examples of:
- Banging for Help: Superman, of all people, has to do this when Parasite kidnaps and drains him.
- Everyone Knows Morse: Superman was abducted by Parasite and held captive in the basement at Star Labs, where he kept draining Superman of his powers. Hearing Jimmy Olsen in the lab doing some investigation of his own, he begins tapping S-O-S on the pipes, which Jimmy luckily hears and recognizes.
- Cassandra Hunch: Jimmy suggests that Parasite might be hiding at STAR Labs, given that that is the direction he's often seen heading. The others brush him off, given that it was investigated when Parasite first appeared. Guess who's right.
- Cat Scare: Jimmy has one when an broom from Rudy's old closet falls on him.
- The End... Or Is It?: Parasite is safely confined...but then he touches a bug and his eyes glow...
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Rudy Jones. He goes from being kicked around by other employees to attacking and kidnapping Superman.
- "Hey, You!" Haymaker: When Parasite is distracted with Jimmy, Superman calls, "Hey Rudy!" and smacks him with a hanging hook.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Superman tricks Parasite into grabbing a lump of Kryptonite. Since he's been feeding off a Kryptonian, he has their weaknesses.
- Impairment Shot: An inverted version as Superman wakes up after being kidnapped by Parasite.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Parasite when Superman tries to talk him out of hurting a former fellow employee who mistreated him.
- Kirk Summation: Superman to Parasite. "What have you done with all this power, Rudy? Gave the world the raw deal they gave you? Feel like you've gotten even yet?" Played with in that he is doing this to keep Parasite from touching him, which would alert him to Jimmy's presence in the room.
- Shooting Superman: When cornered by Parasite, who's been showing off stolen superpowers, Jimmy swings a crowbar at him. Parasite responds, "Cute, kid" and pounces.
- Vampiric Draining: Why do you think they call him Parasite?
- Voice Changeling: One of Parasite's abilities, unfortunately.
- Waking Up Elsewhere: Superman in the basement of S.T.A.R. Labs after being kidnapped.
- Who's Laughing Now?: A major part of Parasite's motivation seems to be having power after being stepped on his whole life.
- Would Drain a Girl: Parasite's first human victim is a policewoman who catches him skulking about on a bridge.