Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 07 E 06 Treachery Faith And The Great River
Odo goes behind enemy lines to retrieve a Cardassian informant, but instead finds Weyoun, who wants to defect to the Federation. His knowledge of the Dominion could turn the tide of the war, but Weyoun's replacement clone is determined to eliminate his predecessor, even if it means killing a Founder. Back on the station, Chief O'Brien turns to Nog for help in fixing the gravity generators, but Nog's wheeling and dealing may cause more problems than it solves.
This episode contains examples of:
- Bittersweet Ending: O'Brien and Nog's plot ends rather happily, but Odo's is an outright downer.
- Chain of Deals: O'Brien and Nog's storyline.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Vorta implant for voluntary suicides.
- Cloning Blues: The Weyouns.
- Defector from Decadence: Weyoun 6.
- Driven to Suicide: Weyoun 6.
- Expendable Clone: When one Weyoun dies another clone is activated.
- Genre Savvy: Weyoun 7 notes how "convenient" it was that Damar was called away mere moments before the transporter "accident" claimed Weyoun 5.
- Go Out with a Smile: Weyoun 6 because Odo gave him his blessing.
- Heel-Face Turn: Weyoun 6 no longer considers himself a part of the Dominion and pledges his loyalty to Odo.
- Here We Go Again: After all the deals are resolved, Nog mentions his cousin has a shipment of Sisko's favorite brandy. An interested O'Brien asks, "What does he want for them?"
- Heroic Sacrifice: Weyoun 6, so the pursuing Jem'Hadar will spare Odo.
- Kill the God: Attempted. (From the Weyouns' point of view, anyway. Neither Odo nor Damar buys into the Vorta's religion.)
- Loophole Abuse: Weyoun 7 goes along with Damar's insistence that Odo's Runabout be destroyed by rationalizing that Odo doesn't consider himself a Founder. (He, of course, recognizes the Founders would have them both killed if they learned what they were doing.)
- Make It Look Like an Accident: Weyoun 5 was tragically killed in a transporter "accident".
- Modesty Bedsheet: Kira hugs a sheet around her chest when she sits up in the opener.
- Shoulders-Up Nudity: Kira in the opener.
- Shout-Out: Odo's plan to ditch his pursuers by hiding inside an asteroid is straight out of Han Solo's playbook.
- Stop Worshipping Me: Odo really doesn't like it when Weyoun 6 venerates him as a Founder. Despite this, he still gives the dying Vorta his blessing.
- Teleporter Accident: How Weyoun 5 died. (Except, possibly, for the "accident" bit.)
- Toplessness from the Back: When Odo uses himself to give Kira a back rub.
- Wham Line: Weyoun delivers a big one:"A sickness has spread throughout the Great Link. The Founders are dying."
- You Have 48 Hours: Or 72 hours in this case. The Chief has 3 days to get a gravity stabilizer for the Defiant.