A lonely Bashir gets some special visitors: it's The Jack Pack, who have brought Sarina to DS9 so Bashir can fix up her brain.
- Adult Children: The Jack Pack haven't changed too much.
- Crazy Enough to Work: You wouldn't think dressing up as an Admiral and saying "That's a stupid question" would fool people, but it does. Gets a Call Back later.
- "Flowers for Algernon" Syndrome: What appears to be happening with Sarina. Subverted as she turns out to just be unsure about her feelings for Bashir.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Bashir only realizes at the end how utterly foolish he'd been, pursuing a relationship with his patient.
- Relationship Upgrade: A particularly egregious example, with Bashir and Sarina. It doesn't go well.
- Suddenly Voiced: Sarina, much to everyone's astonishment, including hers.Bashir: Sarina? What are you looking at?Sarina (slowly): Ev... ry... thing.
- The End Is Nigh: Displayed while the Jack Pack try and prevent the death of the universe in a few trillion years.Jack: The fact is that the universe is going to stop expanding and it is going to collapse in on itself. We've got to do something before it's too late.Patrick: How much time do we have left?Jack: Sixty trillion years, seventy at the most.Patrick: Oh, no.
- Welcoming Song: How do the Jack Pack welcome the new Sarina? By having her sing scales with them, which turns into a full-on acapella showcase.