When Quark's mother is captured and held hostage by the Dominion, he decides to prove that the Ferengi can be heroes as much as any race in Starfleet by assembling an all Ferengi team to get her back.
- Arson, Murder, and Admiration: Leck's summation of the mission:
Leck: This is the sloppiest, most amateurish operation I've ever seen... If you ever do something like this again, count me in.
- Asshole Victim: Let's face it, nobody liked Keevan.
- Bad Ass: Leck.
- Continuity Nod: The return of both Empok Nor and Keevan.
- Also, every one of the Ferengi are ones that have shown up in past episodes- no ass-pulling an original character!
- Did You Just Scam Cthulhu?: After Keevan got shot, Quarks had to change his plans. The Dominion gets nothing and Starfleet gets a new Vorta prisoner.
- Dying Curse: "I hate Ferengi."
- Laser-Guided Karma: People who have seen "Rocks And Shoals" will be pleased at seeing Keevan taken hostage, killed by complete accident, having his corpse turned into a puppet and left continuously walking into a support beam.
- The Magnificent Seven Samurai: Well, there's only six, but...
- Mandatory Line: Most of the main cast, except Worf (who doesn't appear) and Quark, who's the main character of the story.
- Of Corpse He's Alive: After Gaila kills their hostage.
- Oh Crap: All the Ferengi during Keevan's escape attempt. Then Nog when he sees dozens of Jem'Hadar on the station. Then all the Ferengi again when Gaila shoots Keevan.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The hostage was supposed to be Zek but Wallace Shawn was unavailable so they changed it to Ishka.
- Shoot the Hostage: Leck does this during a training simulation, much to Nog's annoyance.
- Smug Snake: Brunt's in rare form, dismissing each member of Quark's team when he doesn't even currently have a job.
- So Proud of You
- The Strategist: Nog.
Nog: I'm a Starfleet officer. I can't go running off with you on some half baked rescue mission. I have duties to perform.
Rom: But you know how to fire a phaser.
Quark: Forget it, Rom. Don't beg. Too bad, though. We were going to make you Strategic Operations Officer.
Nog: You mean like Commander Worf?
Quark: Exactly like Commander Worf. Think of it, Nog. You'll devise the tactics, come up with a plan of action...