Recap / Phineas And Ferb The Fast And The Phineas
Phineas and Ferb
decide to get involved in racing, so they trick out the family car, with Ferb making a remote, since the boys don't know how to drive.
Meanwhile, Perry The Platypus must thwart Doofenshmirtz and his plan to deflate everything in the tri-state area, thus giving himself a monopoly on inflating things.
- Artistic License – Physics: Hooking up the car remote to a larger battery makes the car go faster.
- Big "YES!": Candace's first comment when she thinks Linda busted Phineas and Ferb but she actually thinks they washed her car.
- Captain Oblivious: Phineas and Linda. After Phineas and Ferb return home with the trophy, which Linda doesn't notice, she says she saw what they did, which refers to her now washed car and thinks they did it. Phineas thinks Linda saw them on TV and asks if she liked it, and she says she loves it, referring to the washed car.
- Crazy-Prepared: When giving a clue that beating Doofenshmirtz would involve cheese, Perry opens a suitcase filled with cheese, and several cheese launching devices.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Candace's has a total of five busting attempts in this episode, making her role more malicious than usual. This is dropped in later episodes.
- Exhausted Eye Bags: Candace has these right after the broadcast to the race gets shorted out by Doofenshmirtz's blimp, and again when she realizes the car is back to normal.
- Iris Out
- Jaw Drop: Candace, at the very end.
- Left the Background Music On: Phineas himself is playing the electric guitar, with Ferb on keyboard.
- Never My Fault: At the end, the car's paint job is washed off, leaving Linda to think Phineas and Ferb washed her car.
- Mood Whiplash:
Linda: (shocked) You mean...they...
(Candace laughs, thinking her brothers are about to get busted)
Linda: (excited) They washed my car!?!
- Nobody Can Die: Spoofed with a bunch of car wrecks, and then all the drivers waving and saying they are okay.
- Oh Crap!: Candace, as usual. Her biggest one is at the very end when Linda believes Phineas and Ferb washed her car, complete with a Jaw Drop.
- Pimped-Out Car
- Tim Taylor Technology: Hooking up the car remote to a larger battery for extra juice.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: Right after Linda goes back inside before the car reappears, Candace vanishes until after the Fireside Girls appear. In addition, when Linda fails to see the race onscreen, Candace vanishes again until the race starts.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: When Ferb presses the red button on the remote, the car blasts upward right before Linda comes out; when Linda returns inside, the car lands back on the road.
- "Candace, this is a dandruff commercial, is there something you want to tell me?" *Cuts immediately to the racetrack*
- Up to Eleven: Happens when Ferb uses a special technique causing the car to go super fast.
- Theme Tune Cameo: The theme song plays at the very end.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Announcer: "And there's the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated blimp!"
- The Voiceless: Ferb doesn't speak at all, making this the first time he does not say anything.
- What an Idiot: Candace takes a picture of Phineas in the race car, and another one where she's covered in racing-car gunk with Jeremy looking on in the background. Since Candace doesn't have enough money, she asks the photographer to rip apart the photo while going with the other ones without looking. Later, it turns out Candace got the wrong photo, where she's covered in mud.