Recap: Phineas And Ferb Rollercoaster
"What are they doing right now? Why do you ask? What do mean, you can see it from your house? See what?"The pilot for Phineas and Ferb, and the set up for all the plots to follow. Enter the Flynn-Fletcher family, as the snarky red-head Phineas remarks that he doesn’t want to spend this summer lazing around, so he and his brother Ferb set-out to do something spectacular. And by spectacular, we mean build a roller-coaster. Meanwhile, their sister Candace, whose been put in charge (at least in the case of a crashed satellite) desperately tries to get her mom to see the unbelievable contraption they’ve built. Her attempts to do so are accidentally foiled by her pet platypus, Perry, who is actually a secret agent trying to thwart his nemesis Doctor Doofenshmirtz in his attempts to cover the entire Tri-State Area in tin foil. Why? Because he wants to use magnets to reverse the rotation of the Earth, duh.
- Absurd Altitude: the rollercoaster shoots them into space; a high-rise that catches on to the moon.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first episode of Phineas and Ferb has Phineas being sarcastic and a little more antagonistic towards his sister Candace, something that's still in the theme tune ("...or driving our sister insane!") After that, he's just upbeat about his projects and bears no ill-will to her or anyone (even going out of his way to help Candace on numerous occasions). It also lacks any sort of a song, Genre Savvy, or lampshading which made the show famous. Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Evil Plan is also much grander in scope than his usual focus on "the entire Tri-State Area" too, and the key device in his plan is not an -inator.
- Happily Adopted: This is one of the few instances in the show where any of the characters out-right refer to the fact that they’re a blended family.
- Noodle Incident: Linda mentions how Candace tried to bust Phineas & Ferb for training monkeys to juggle bicycles.
- The Pilot
- Tree Buchet: There's also an Eiffel Tower-buchet, and a Statue of Liberty-buchet.
- Running Gag: Most of them are set up here.