Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 07 E 03 Deathstalker And The Warriors
Film watched: Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
"We're still fighting bravely for our vague goal!"
—Crow T. Robot.
- Annoying Patient: Pearl.
- As Himself: Or rather, the Warriors from Hell as themselves.
- Author Appeal: MST3k's ripping on RenFests.
- Call Forward: When Deathstalker somehow blows his cover by showing the princess's sister a stick:
Mike (using Vadinho's voice)
: "Get him men, he kicked Tony!"
- Credits Gag: Features singing some of the "Safety Dance" song.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar
Servo: Oh, not that kind of rise.
- I Heard That As: Troxartas, not "Trucks Artist".
Servo: Can you paint my van?
Mike: It's Troxartas, SUNDAY at the Metrodome!
(As Deathstalker) Trox-artas! Good! I was thinking maybe the cover of Mars Hotel
on my van.
- Mills and Boon Prose: Crow treats Pearl to a meandering, disjointed reading of a trashy romance novel.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Servo wonders how long the accents at the start of the movie will last. The answer is not long.
- Overly-Long Gag: Claaaaaaaaaaayyyyytooooonnnnn!!!
- Running Gags: Many of them are about how Nicias the wizard looks like he stepped out of The Lord of the Rings book.
- The numerous jokes about the bat wings on the warriors' helmets. Squeak! Squeak!
- Shout-Out: The poisoned milk scene at the end is lifted from Alfred Hitchcock's film Suspicion.
- There are numerous shout-outs to The Lord of the Rings, including the closing sketch where Servo attempts to forge a Ring of Power for Mike. Keep in mind this was several years before the movies came out.
- Sick Episode: Pearl is suffering from ailment and making Clayton suffer along with her.
- Spell My Name with an S:
- Considering that Mike very well knows what the word "Nelson" should look like, this might be a case of It's Personal.
- Take That: The host segments really take apart RenFests.
"Potatoes are what WE eat!