Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 07 E 03 Deathstalker And The Warriors
Film watched: Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
- "We're still fighting bravely for our vague goal!"—Crow T. Robot.
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains these tropes:
- Ambiguously Gay / Dude Looks Like a Lady: Troxartas' bitchy behavior and his skort evoke this reaction from Mike and the 'bots.
- Annoying Patient: Pearl.
- As Himself: Or rather, the Warriors from Hell as themselves.
- Author Appeal: MST3k's ripping on RenFests.
- Burger Fool: In the opening sequence the Satellite crew pretend to run a business like this in order to drive Dr. Clayton Forrester nuts.
- Call Forward: When Deathstalker blows his cover by showing the princess's sister a stick (which he had pretended was a knife):Mike (using Vadinho's voice): "Get him men, he kicked Tony!"
- Cassandra Truth: After Crow reads to Pearl.Pearl: (half-asleep) There was a small golden man reading to me from a dirty book.
- Credits Gag: Features singing some of the "Safety Dance" song.
- Driven to Suicide: In a parody of Suspicion, Clayton drinks the poisoned milk himself rather than listen to Pearl whine.
- Getting Crap Past the RadarTroxartas: RISE!
Servo: Oh, not that kind of rise.
- Hešvy MŽtal ‹mlaut: Joked about by the MST crew, when the title screen appears Mike wonders where the umlaut is.
- I Heard That As: Troxartas, not "Trucks Artist".Servo: Can you paint my van?Mike: It's Troxartas, SUNDAY at the Metrodome!Crow: (As Deathstalker) Trox-artas! Good! I was thinking maybe the cover of Mars Hotel on my van.
- Memetic Mutation: "You always were a good judge of men, Deathstalker" became an oft-repeated riff in future eps and RiffTrax.
- Mills and Boon Prose: Crow treats Pearl to a meandering, disjointed reading of a trashy romance novel.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Servo wonders how long the accents at the start of the movie will last. The answer is not long.
- Overly Long Gag: Claaaaaaaaaaayyyyytooooonnnnn!!!
- Running Gags: Many of them are about how Nicias the wizard looks like he stepped out of The Lord of the Rings book.
- The numerous jokes about the bat wings on the warriors' helmets. Squeak! Squeak!
- Say My Name: "Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton!"
- Shout-Out: The poisoned milk scene at the end is lifted from Alfred Hitchcock's film Suspicion.
- Sick Episode: Pearl is suffering from ailment and making Clayton suffer along with her.
- Spell My Name with an "S":(The opening credits show "John Allen Nelson" in a faux-Old English font)
Mike: John Allen Relson?
Servo: "Nelson", it's "Nelson".
Mike: That's one of the most clearly written "R"s I've ever seen!
(And Deathstalker gets called "Relson" through the rest of the experiment.)
- Considering that Mike very well knows what the word "Nelson" should look like, this might be a case of It's Personal.
- Take That: The host segments really take apart RenFests.