Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 12 Hercules And The Captive Women
Film watched: Hercules and the Captive Women
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains examples of:
- Actually Pretty Funny: Gypsy gets in one moderately amusing riff during her brief time in the theater.Gypsy: Hey, get this - they're steam cleaning the horses!
- Cannot Tell a Joke: Gypsy in the theater.Crow: C'mon Gypsy, let's have it!
Gypsy: Uhh, okay. Um... (sees Leon Selznick's credit) Look at that dumb name. That's so stupid!
Crow: Oh, brother...
- I Have to Go Iron My Dog: Gypsy, after having her fill of Captive Women (About five minutes).
- Supposedly based on how her actor, Jim Mallon, would usually be one of the first writers to leave during the first screening of a movie.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Quite a few, and they start early.A map of Greece is displayed, a Bonanza joke is made
Servo: If that map burns there will be a Greece fire!
(Joel and Crow laugh)
Crow: Good one!
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: Joel, bless his heart, absolutely butchers the pronunciation of the famous 2001: A Space Odyssey song, "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" (as "Zatharatu").
- Sarcasm Failure: Gypsy again.
- This Is Gonna Suck: During the opening scene, Crow sees a man get up from his seat and approach a battering ram a group of men are carrying, and hopes it's not Hercules. The man proves he is Hercules by pushing down the battering ram effortlessly, driving Crow into despair.
- Uranus Is Showing: Several of the riffs come from this, particularly the "blood of Uranus" line.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 17 Crash Of The Moons Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day 93 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 20 The Human Duplicators
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 11 The Magic Sword Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 13 Manhunt In Space