Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 05 Stranded In Space
Film watched: The Stranger
aka Stranded in Space
- Bait-and-Switch Credits: The MST3K version, like Pod People before it, has credits with scenes from a completely unrelated movie. The closing credits were similarly redressed. The real opening credits take place with our hero's ship in space as a background, while the proper closing credits come up over a freezeframe of Stryker on the beach where he winds up at the end of the movie.
- Genre Savvy: Crow, when watching the opening credits featuring footage from Prisoners Of The Lost Universe:
Crow: Hey, you know, I don't think we should get wrapped up in these credits, I'm sure they have nothing to do with the movie.
(when credits end and the actual movie footage begins)
Crow: Now, see, what did that have to do with the movie?
- Odd Name Out:
- Shout-Out: During the movie's opening credits:
- Right after the credits:
Joel: (as Stryker)
You know, I just had the craziest dream. And You Were There
, and you, Tim...
- Due to the choppy framerate and pixelated look of the Prisoners of the Lost Universe footage in the movie's opening credits, Servo comments that they're seeing it through the eyes of Yul Brynner in Westworld.
- The riffs on the music in the movie's replaced closing credits:
- Written Sound Effect: Joel and the Mads' Invention Exchanges are variations of the "bang" flag gun, with each side trying to one-up the other, and the onomatopoeia becoming increasingly Don Martin-esque (which is lampshaded hypocritically by the Mads).
Joel and the Bots (in unison): "Boingee Banga Ka Bonga"?
(After a beat, Bettina slaps Styker and starts getting out of the car)