Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 02 The Sidehackers
Film watched: The SidehackersThe film is particularly notorious for containing a brutally graphic depiction of a rape/murder — a little tidbit Best Brains were unaware of and unprepared for when they elected to feature the movie. So horrified were they, in fact, that they altered the process for screening films; from this point forward, all potential movies would be screened in their entirety before being elected for inclusion on the show.
The MST3K treatment provide examples of:
- And Now For Something Completely Different: This is the only movie to feature a riff by Cambot. He does an info-crawl (a la ESPN) during one of the race scenes stating how poorly edited and boring it is.
- Call Back: Several in future experiments, such as:
- "That's a #5!"
- "He hit Big Jake!"
- "Chili Peppers burn my gut!" a callback that's used A LOT.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: the tiny picture at the beginning of the movie has the exact proportions of an iPhone camera clip, which did not exist yet at the time the episode was filmed.
- Never Heard That One Before: Joel and the 'bots see the "prison joke" story's punchline coming a mile away.
- Running Gag: Calling Rommel a Magnificent Bastard, often adding, "I read your book!"
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Crow gives an offhand comment to explain Rita's absence; this is because the scene in which she was raped and killed had to be cut for obvious reasons.
- With Lyrics: "Nothing lasts forever / only love / pads the film."
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 03 Jungle Goddess Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day 91 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 01 Rocketship XM
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 01 Rocketship XM Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 03 Jungle Goddess