Film watched: Gamera Vs Barugon
This is one of the nine Sandy Frank Japanese films originally used for a KTMA episode that was riffed again a few years later on Comedy Central
The MST3K version provides examples of:
- Celebrity Resemblance: Joel goes insane and starts listing about a dozen of these. Gamera's resemblance to Karl Malden (especially his nose) is a Running Gag throughout all the Gamera episodes.
- Computer Wars: Discussed in the opening segment by Tom (who prefers Macs) and Crow (who prefers PCs) while Tom tries to work on a file on Crow's computer. Crow pushes Tom's button on the oft-delayed System 7.
- Joel (who concludes that both interfaces are fine, it's just a matter of personal preference) stirs things up by mentioning the Amiga.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: When the missiles... er... rise from their launchers.
Tom Servo: "Good morning!"
- Incredibly Lame Pun: It becomes a Running Gag while the cast watches helplessly as Barugon eats up the antagonist with his tongue.
Crow: Well, that's it. We're licked.
(Servo chuckles as Joel casually rips off Crow's arm again)
Crow: Sorry, SORRY!
(Joel tosses the arm away)
Servo: That's what you get.
- Motor Mouth: Tom in the first break from the movie provides an advertisement for a Gamera toy set and its disclaimer at a speed John Moschitta would be impressed with. The problem, though, is that poor Tom goes so fast he can't stop himself and is reduced to babbling 'Mommy! Mmmommy!'.