This MST3K episode contains examples of:
- Action Figure Speech: The Ro-Men, looking for all the world like a guy in a gorilla suit wearing a space helmet flailed around wildly while speaking.
- Creator Backlash: Josh Weinstein did not like the idea of Robot Monster being riffed because the film was too well-known, and the film is already so ridiculous on its own that riffing doesn't add much. Nonetheless, this is still a Season 1 favorite amongst fans.
- Executive Meddling: During his AMA in 2014, Joel said that the green coloring on the Shadowrama was because that Comedy Central thought that people would not see him and the Bots in the theater against black and white.
- Sanity Slippage: The bizarre, rambling eulogies Joel and the Bots compose for Ro-Man after the film even disturb the Mads with just how far gone they really are.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The Bots attempt to leave the theater when the second Radar Men installment begins, forcing Joel to retrieve them. Twice.Servo: This is Buddhist! You create us to suffer!Joel: I'm surrounded by idiots of my own design!
- Stealth Pun
- Throw It In: At one point in the theater Servo sneezes, prompting Joel to say, "Hey, you're not supposed to do that!" Apparently Josh Weinstein actually sneezed during taping and they decided to just go with it.
- Who's on First?: "Wyatt Ordung" was the film's screenwriter. The Bots take his name as a question, and choose "Wyatt".
- Your Head Asplode: When Joel tells the Bots about how bumblebees shouldn't be able to fly yet they do anyway, Servo's head explodes, and so does Crow's. It even causes Cambot to malfunction.