Recap / Kim Possible S 2 E 16 A Very Possible Christmas
While Kim celebrates Christmas with the family, Ron confronts Dr. Drakken. It doesn't go well for either of them, and they find themselves stranded at the North Pole. The two end up bonding over their shared dismay about the cancellation of "Snowman Hank"
, while Kim (family in tow) and Shego come looking for them.
This episode provides examples of:
- Angrish: Played with — Drakken's rant about how he imagines Kim spending the holiday sounds like gibberish... unless you recognize the Shout-Out:
Because it is Christmas! The one time of the year she is off-duty. Busy with her twinkle-lights and mistletoe, and carols, and roast beast, and frim-franglers, and zoob-zooblers... Shego:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Dr. D! Drakken:
You've stopped using words.
- An Asskicking Christmas: Kim and Shego get into one of their usual fights when they run into each other, until Drakken declares a holiday truce.
- Benevolent Boss: Shego finds out that Drakken is paying all the expenses for her vacation. This makes her regret not taking his call, and she checks to see if he left a message and then goes off to rescue him when she finds out that he's stuck at the North Pole.
- Big Damn Heroes: The Possibles arrive just in time to save Kim from an anaconda.
- Big "NO!": Ron let out a doozy when he learned that Snowman Hank had been cancelled. It was so piercing that it caused the Possibles' lit up house to blackout.
- Christmas Episode: Naturally.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The "Keep Out - Haunted!" sign at the base of Drakken's main lair has been swapped out for one saying "Bah Humbug".
- Merry Christmas in Gotham: This episode is lighthearted even by Kim Possible standards, and ends with Drakken declaring a Christmas truce (while warning that business as usual will resume in the new year).
- Repeat What You Just Said: During Ron and Drakken's fight on DrakForce One, the computer made several announcements, ending with the self destruct sequence, and bed time sequence, where it revealed a teddy bear with a Drakken-scar. When Ron called attention to what the computer said, Drakken tried to hide the teddy bear and pretend he didn't know what Ron meant, before Ron said he meant the one before that.
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: After Ron and Drakken crash-land and blame each other for their predicament:
What? I'm supposed to let you take over the world? Drakken:
In the spirit of the season
- Saving Christmas: Ron decides to foil Dr. Drakken's latest scheme on his own rather than interrupt Kim's holiday celibration.
- Shiny New Australia: Drakken tries to get Ron to give up the half-eaten chicken leg he finds in the trash pod:
Name your price, Stoppable! Power? Glory? When I take over the world, you can have a continent! Any continent! (pause)
- Super Cell Reception: Drakken's cell phone can make calls from the North Pole. Unfortunately, Shego isn't picking up.
- Trash Landing: Ron and Drakken escape from imminent doom by climbing into the garbage disposal pod and ejecting it just before DrakForce One goes boom.
- Under the Mistletoe: Kim ends up kissing Ron on the cheek under a makeshift mistletoe—it was actually a piece of parsley that Ron found in the garbage and Drakken tied a red ribbon around it.
- Wimp Fight: Ron and Drakken end up fighting without their partners (Kim is home with her family; Shego is at the beach). They end up accidentally launching themselves on "DrakForce One", ejecting the escape pods, and triggering the self destruct mechanism.