Recap: Family Guy S 4 E 4 Dont Make Me Over
Airdate: June 5, 2005Meg feels depressed about her appearance and gets a makeover, which ties in with the subplot of Peter starting his own band, as Meg becomes the lead singer and lets fame go to her head — until a guest appearance on Saturday Night Live brings her back.
"Don't Make Me Over" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: Meg after getting her makeover.
- Beautiful All Along: Meg, after the makeover, become a very attractive girl. Future episodes won't be so kind to her appearance.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: As a part of her makeover, Meg gets her hair dyed blonde.
- Faux Horrific: The mere sight of Meg can cause one to douse themselves in gasoline, light themselves on fire and jump out a window.
- Hey, You!: Meg starts calling her mother "Lois" as a sign of her Acquired Situational Narcissism.
- Noodle Incident: When Peter sees the new Meg for the first time.Peter: Oh my God! Lois, it was twenty years ago! I never even heard the word rubber!
- Papa Wolf: Subverted and played straight. Peter beats up Jimmy Fallon, not because he had sex with her on live TV, but to get revenge on Fallon's horrible acting and constant cracking up when he was a cast member on SNL. Peter then goes looking for the guy who slept with his daughter (not knowing that it was the same guy he just beat up).
- Status Quo Is God: Meg reverts back to her old self because she felt it was too hard being beautiful.
- Take That: Against Jimmy Fallon and his Corpsing on Saturday Night Live (which was a big deal back when Fallon was on SNL, but doesn't really hold water, since Fallon hasn't been on the show since the end of the 2003-2004 season, and this episode aired in 2005).
- Peter's line about meeting such SNL cast members as John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Phil Hartman, and Horatio Sanz. The joke is that Peter is such an idiot that he doesn't know that Belushi, Radner, and Hartman are dead. Horatio Sanz is still alive, but hasn't really done anything since SNL, so it's the writer's way of saying that Sanz's career is dead.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Meg.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: Meg becomes this after she gets a makeover. Too bad it's only temporarily.