Recap / Family Guy S 12 E 10 Grimm Job
Peter helps Stewie get to sleep by telling him "unique" versions of three Grimm Brothers fairy tales: "Jack and the Beanstalk," "Little Red Riding Hood" and "Cinderella."
"Grimm Job" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Abusive Parents and Adults Are Useless: Peter, viciously shaking Stewie awake after the baby falls asleep while hearing "Little Red Riding Hood," and not noticing or caring that Herbert the Pedophile is in Chris' room or that Meg hanged herself.
- Big Damn Hero: Subverted with Peter as the Woodsman in the Little Red Riding Hood retelling, he is most likely a lunatic running from door to door murdering people, judging by how he bursts into another house (offscreen) and kills another person).
- Darker and Edgier: Peter's retellings of the fairy tales.
- Parental Obliviousness: In yet another example of clearly being an unfit parent (moreso than Lois, but, at least Peter has mental retardation as an excuse), Peter failing to notice a pedophile (Herbert) in Chris' room, or that Meg hanged herself. He also earns no redemption with Stewie (reading to him), as he not only shakes him (to get him to wake up to hear "Cinderella"), but frightens him even more by reminding him of a school shooting.
- Shout-Out: A minor example, but Brian running to avoid being transformed into a horse was directly lifted from the Disney version (with Gus the mouse)
- Something Completely Different: A Three Shorts Fractured Fairy Tale episode. It's also a Bottle Episode as it only takes place in the Griffin house and Peter and Stewie are the only major characters with lines in the scenes outside of the fairy tale parodies.
- Suicide as Comedy: At the cut-to-black to close the episode, the feet and nightgown of whom the viewer is led to believe is Meg, implying she hung herself. Considering this show's penchant for Negative Continuity, Meg will be back and alive by the time the next new episode premieres.