February 10, 2013
In this special Valentine's Day Episode
, Peter and Lois spend a romantic day in bed together, Meg dates a teenage organ harvester who has one of her kidneys, Brian confronts all of his past girlfriends who all hate him, a freak accident curses Quagmire to live life as a woman, and Herbert the pedophile's grand niece falls for Chris.
Valentine's Day in Quahog provides examples of (YMMV tropes go HERE!!!)
- Body Horror: Meg's conjoined twin that was found in her body.
- Call Back: Brian's dates from the past include Tina (the prostitute Brian dated when he was addicted to cocaine on "The Thin White Line"), Seabreeze (Carter's prized dog from "Screwed the Pooch"), Jillian (the Dumb Blonde who dumped Brian as seen in "Moving Out [Brian's Song]"), Brooke (from "Brian the Bachelor"), Tracynote ("The Former Life of Brian"), Carolyn ("Love Blactually"), Rita ("Brian's Got a Brand New Bag"), Kate the blind girl ("The Blind Side") and Miss Emily (the negligent preschool owner in "Be Careful What You Fish For").
- Brother Chuck: Shauna Parks (the black teacher from "Peter's Got Woods") isn't in the group of Brian's past girlfriends.
- Foot Popping: The baby Mayor West makes out with.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Quagmire being viewed as a woman so he can experience how its like for a woman to be treated badly.
- Subverted, as he just uses his new form to become a lesbian, with him remaining a Karma Houdini and maintaining Status Quo.
- plus remember he's only "seen" as a woman so in all truth NOTHING has changed. He still technically has a penis and is still a straight rapist, if only in his eyes.
- Brian getting called out for being a lousy partner, Brian calling out his ex-girlfriends for being lousy partners, and Brian getting chased down the street.
- Organ Theft: The guy Meg goes out with steals one of her kidneys, but he gives it back to her at the end of the episode.
- Pet the Dog: Brian complimenting Meg's dress before her date.
- Meg's story (barring the fact that she had her kidney taken) could also count.
- Playing Cyrano: Herbert does it for Sandy.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Brian's dates tell him off for being a pretentious, egotistical blowhard, and Brian turns it back on them and points out their flaws.
- Something Completely Different: This episode is can best be described as The Simpsons episode "22 Short Films About Springfield" mixed with the movie Valentine's Day (or Valentine's Day if Seth MacFarlane was behind it).
- Self-Deprecation: The line in the beginning about this episode being yet another sign of Family Guy's decline in quality.
- Shout-Out: Meg's photo of herself giving a thumbs-up while torturing prisoners is a reference to the controversial Abu Ghraib photograph (with Meg as Lynnie England).
- Meg dating someone who ends up stealing her kidney was also very similar to a sketch on "Robot Chicken", where Mila Kunis played a character whose kidney was stolen by her date. The way it's done is also extremely similar.
- Quagmire's "female" name Glenda Vajmire could be a nod to Glen or Glenda?.
- Special Edition Title: The opening is replaced by a parody of the trailer for Valentine's Day.
- Take That: Arizona is described as a stare that can "shoot a Mexican for drinking from a fountain".
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Meg's date, and her getting her kidney back.
- Valentine's Day Episode
- What Happened to the Mouse?: We don't see what happened when it's revealed that the Kool-Aid man is dating the Yoo-Hoo bottle.