Recap / Family Guy S 8 E 18 Quagmires Dad
May 9, 2010
Quagmire's father, a Navy lieutenant, comes to town to visit his son — and reveal that he's undergoing gender reassignment surgery.
"Quagmire's Dad" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Big NO: Quagmire upon learning that Ida had sex with Brian.
- Mood Whiplash: Brian is laughing like crazy upon finding out about Dan, until he discovers is the woman he slept with last night.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Glenn gives a very serious one to Brian when he finds out about their little talk last night.
- Roaring Rampageof Revenge: Quaqmire went on this when he found about Brian and his dad.
- Running Gag: Once again, Brian is beaten to a bloody pulp after taking a shower, but this time by Quagmire.
- Suddenly Shouting: Brian and Stewie do this in panic after realizing that Brian slept with Quagmire's father.
- Ten with a Two: Brian is unaware of Ida's previous identity until Stewie tells him … the morning after the two slept together.
- Took It Like A Man: Brian takes the beating in stride, not even protesting, so he evidently thought he deserved it.
- Transgender Fetishization: Ida is portrayed as extremely attractive, especially to Brian—who ends up sleeping with her to set up an Unsettling Gender Reveal gag.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Brian is seriously squicked out when he discovers the identity of Ida, vomiting for half a minute.