Recap / Family Guy S 11 E 11 The Giggity Wife
January 27, 2013
When Peter discovers Joe has a student ID he took from a kid that gave him lip, Peter, Quagmire and Joe visit the Harvard University campus for lunch and have a wild night on the town. A drunken Quagmire accidentally marries a prostitute named Charmisse. She refuses to let go of their relationship and Quagmire starts to consider divorce until Joe points out that he could lose everything. Quagmire tries to make the best of it but Charmisse cannot pull herself far enough out of the gutter for his tastes. When Quagmire is reluctant to pursue their relationship, Charmisse questions if he is gay and when she says the marriage would be over if true, Quagmire pretends to be gay.
After catching Quagmire watching straight porn, Charmisse demands that Quagmire prove he is gay by having sex with a man. Quagmire approaches Peter with the idea and Peter agrees provided they have a date first, which Quagmire suffers through. Back at Quagmire's house, Charmisse insists they get on with the sex and the guys clumsily and reluctantly prepare. Just as they almost consummate their act, Charmisse calls off the charade, noting that it is obvious that they are straight but if Quagmire wants a divorce that badly, she will grant him one and appreciates Quagmire treating her better than any other guy she has met. After Charmisse leaves, a nearly naked Peter and Quagmire embrace in relief as Peter suddenly noted the camera on Quagmire's laptop is on. The scene then cuts to the Griffin home, with the family in shock while Stewie mistakes the web video for an episode of Glee.
"The Giggity Wife" provides examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Accidental Marriage: Quagemire's marriage to Charmisse, while drunk.
- Artistic License – Law: Apparently, Joe and Quagmire have never heard of an annulment, where, legally, the latter's marriage to Charmisse is declared to have never happened, especially in circumstances like this (i.e marrying someone while drunk). Likewise, a marriage would be unlikely if Quagmire was drunk when he signed the papers, as he wouldn't have been legally able to consent to it.
- Fan Disservice: How Charmisse dresses is this, especially when she is seen in lingerie.
- Guttural Growler: Charmisse has a really raspy voice.
- Soiled Dove: Charmisse, especially when she decides to grant Glenn his divorce, thanking him for being so nice to her.
- Unwanted Spouse: Charmisse.
- Vague Age: Charmisse. It's stated that she's worked as a prostitute for about 40 years, which would mean she would have been working since 1973 (as the episode is 2013), placing her in her mid fifties at the most. It was also never mentioned how old she was when she started working as a prostitute.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Just when it looks like Charmisse is out of Quagmire's life, she comes back for her prescription mouthwash, catches him watching straight porn, and calls off the divorce unless Quagmire proves his homosexuality.