Music: James Blunt
James Blunt is a British singer-songwriter who rose to fame in 2004 with the megahit "You're Beautiful". It got played to death on the radio, to the point the a lot of people were heartily sick of the sound of his voice. Coupled with other artists being shunted off festival bills in favour of Blunt due to his newfound prominence, there was a huge backlash amongst the British public under the rather blunt catchphrase "James Blunt is a c**t".Blunt however was unfazed by this and due to his solid work ethic, support for charities and continuing to release popular albums and singles, the hate has mostly faded from the public consciousness and Blunt has gone on to sell over twenty million albums.
- Badass: He was a British Army officer for six years, who served in Kosovo during the 1999 NATO bombing campaign and was instrumental in resolving a incipient crisis between NATO troops and Russian troops of the occupation of Pristina airport by querying an order from US General Wesley Clark to use force against Russian troops in possession of the airport.
- Barefoot Suicide: In the video for "You're Beautiful," Blunt goes through a ritualized suicide where he partially undresses, including taking off his shoes and socks, then jumps off a cliff into water.
- Deadpan Snarker: Seriously, just read his Twitter feed. You troll Blunt at your own risk; he is the master of the comeback.Random tweeter: Now I have James Blunt stuck in my head
JB: And my balls on your chin.
- Self-Deprecation: At the height of the overplaying of "You're Beautiful" and the "James Blunt is a c**t" backlash, Blunt appeared on an episode of Top Gear and promptly won over both the audience and the viewing public by cheerfully demonstrating his total willingness to take the piss out of himself , his music and the ridiculous hype about the song.
- Unfortunate Names: "James Blunt" is cockney slang for cunt.